Your perfect aeroplane

Nose Dive

Perfect plane ............... not sure it exists as it seems there's always justs one little thing that could be better

Closest I've had is a Mini Ultra Stik. But it's not the nicest looking plane by a million miles. The best looking would be my Fliton Rogue. Flies pretty well too - but the undercarriage let that down. My GWS Tiggie was ALMOST perfect - but a little light. My AS3X SBach flies almst perfectly (IMO) but the spinner gets dented and causes vibration .......

If I was any good with computers I suppose I could create a composite

Roy: I thought your wildwing was indestructible !

GG

Edited By GrumpyGnome on 24/04/2013 14:29:22

Advert

In the 44 years I've been modelling I have yet to build, or fly a model that I would describe as my 'perfect' plane. I think this is why I build so many models because I'm in search of that holy grail! Even the few planes I've designed myself have not been close, but as a plane I'd never be without it'd have to be the original Multiplex Funjet. It's possibly the most versatile 'fly anywhere, any time, any weather' model I've owned.

I wouldn't put it in the 'perfect' category but my Ol' Faithful has to be my Phoenix Rainbow - must be in her fifth year now and despite a few adventures along the way is always there to answer the call, all year roundsmile

Not particularly fashionable, perhaps, but easy to fly and quite versatile:

dsc02179 (800x600).jpg

Pete

For me it has got to be a model called "Screamer". I have not been without one of these in my fleet for more than 30 years. However, I have to confess to being slightly biased as I designed it... face 1 . It has instant responses and goes like the clappers but it also really gentle and smooth and can crawl along at walking pace without stalling.

It rapidly became a favourite with my lad Daniel too.... seen here with his own Screamer when he was about 11.

Also a firm favourite of mine is the Kyosho Spitfire 90. This is a truly excellent aeroplane with no nasty habits. It is just a sheer joy to fly. yes

B.C.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 25/04/2013 08:13:17

No such thing as the perfect plane. None are good at everything. They can be good at lots of things but not everything.

THus one first has to decide what type of model one wants and then decide on the perfect plane for that.

So lets say the perfect sports aerobatic model for Sunday flying. The trouble is that they are often so close in performance that it is hard to decide. I know I can't.