Your perfect aeroplane

Nose Dive

Just for fun.

What is your perfect plane that you have owned or flown. Obviously it won't be perfect for everyone, but what plane do you love the most.

Multiplex Funcub for me. So graceful, yet can be a bit of a hooligan when the mood takes me. It can fly at walking pace, or my kids can race it down the field for fun. It's not so big that it won't fit easily in the car, but big enough to see it at a fair distance. Light and floaty yet heavy enough to be able to handle some wind.

For me, for now, it's perfect!

Advert

Well I have a few planes that I feel are rather special ie a couple of DB Biplanes.

But I have to say that my old JP Albatross has been the length and breadth of Europe many times in my motorhome ( she who must be obey'd doesn't allow smelly IC models in the van)

The Albatross is now on it's third motor (now brushless ) and I have to say looks like new, lord knows how many hours it has flown . It slope soars quite well, but it doesn't have great penetration as it is very light.

The only real problem I had with it one time was finding it in a field of yellow sun flowers in the Dordogne one time when the batteries died after a long flight and I couldn't make it back to the runway.

It fits in it's original box and the wing tips are held on with electrical tape so they can be removed.

The best £70 or so pounds I have ever spent.dune du pyla ,nr arcachon a.jpg

It seems weird to suggest the Albatross, but it really is a reliable work horse.

Cheers

Roger

My post here is ironic, as I can barely fly yet, and have never flown my favourite plane. It's the Easy Pigeon. It's the first plane I purchased, and the buy was partly an impulsive one as I really liked the appearance. But also partly an economical choice too. I have read many reviews of the 'Pige' and peolpe love it. They always seem to remember it with affection. I'm hoping to maiden Pige this spring. face 1

easyp.jpg

Edited By Chuck Plains on 22/04/2013 21:12:41

Posted by Tim Reeves on 22/04/2013 19:28:30:

My seagul PC-9, easy to fly and always reliable. I loved flying it so much I brought 2!

Funnily enough, my little 49" PC9 is my most-flown model. I'm also on my second one (having lost the first in a mid-air). It flies beautifully - inverted hands-off, taught me to knife-edge, and got me through my B test with aplomb.

Not too bad for a cheap and nasty ARTF, eh? Actually I think it's the very fact that it's a 'disposable' model that gives it such a lot of airtime without any emotional attachment. So the inverted passes carry on getting lower and lower......

Having said that, it's not perfect in that it's not a work of art, or unique in any way. Hats off to the anonymous designer - whoever he is!

tim

My favourite plane is a Stevens Aeros G-Ride, bit of a hanger queen with only 10 odd hours in 8 odd years. **LINK**. It was a real joy to build and has my best ever covering job in 3 colours of so-lite.

most flown (3 or 4 times a week) is a Flying Wings Raven. Great for hooning around, and bounces very well. I've folded the wing twice now, but simply fix with uhu por and leave in a warm place for an hour.

Edited By rActive on 22/04/2013 22:30:28

I like piper cubs and more so the low wing version. At last rough count I have had some three hundred flights on it. I tend to do six flights on each session. It started off some years ago with an electric motor, then later on I converted it over to a 46ax two stoke and now it has a 70 four stoke which suits it perfectly.

dsc_0009.jpg

Mike

Edited By MikeS on 22/04/2013 22:36:49

My Flying Wings Slipstream EBX wing (modified.)

The Wing

32oz AUW 45oz thrust, goes straight up until it's out of sight, flies easily in any wind up to a full gale, turns so violently if pushed it will hi-speed stall, pootles around like a trainer if you want, glides well enough to work lift, no wheels to snap off and bounces out of mistakesembarrassed.

I never go flying without itheart

For me, it has to be my DB models Tiger Moth with a OS 48 Surpass which I built about 1989.

I really loved that model, and flew it constantly for what I assess must have been a few hundred flights.

Time and overuse finally took it's toll, and I retired it.

Hmmm, maybe it's time to build another wink 2

For me it has to be my World Models P47 Thunderbolt, now three years old, was a review model for this fine mag and has had more airtime than just about any model I have ever had. It is robust, looks good in the air and does more than it should including some extreme aerobatics and always comes back for more. It really should have fallen apart by now given the abuse it has seen but short of a few cracks in the cowl and the film starting to peel back in places she is good for a few seasons yet and still gives me a grin from ear to ear. Linds

World Models P47

I have to say its normally my latest model as they tend not to last due to my flying skill.

Currently my Yorkshireman biplane (free plan from another mag) just over a year old.

Previously it had to be my Wild Wing foamy, lasted for about four years.

Edited By Mowerman on 23/04/2013 10:04:19

Seagull Pilatus PC9

I've got loads of favourites dont know but when it comes down to which I've flown and enjoyed most it's close call between another thumbs up for the 49" Seagull PC9, or my Ripmax SE5a, seen here rubbing shoulders with some of the competion for my favourite:

SE5a, Hawk & Vampire

Edited By Ian Jones on 24/04/2013 01:44:57