How many build projects (ARTF and trad') do you have running?

Advert

I would normally only work on the one model.

However I have one model on the back burner. I am waiting for autogyro blades to come back in stock at HK.

Oh I have just realised I have a third model on the back burner now for over a year. That appears to be the trouble with more than one model, momentum is lost. The issue is then overcoming inertia trying to restart a model, once it is no longer on the critical path.

Posted by Peter Miller on 18/06/2013 18:19:18:

I can only work on one model at a time or they will not get finished.

A man after my own heart!

I don't count repairs or the occasional ARTF as projects.

So I only have one project on the bench at a time. Never forget that multi-tasking is just a failure to prioritise!

ti

Interesting poll - I had to say zero as I don't have anything on the board right now, having just finished my M23b. However..... I started off thinking that I have one set of parts for an own design high winger currently being laser cut for me by SLEC, I have a SF25 on its way to me from YT International (impulse buy from Weston Park), I am just finishing the drawings for my next own design scale job, and I have at least three part finished jobs waiting for some bench time. Then I got to thinking that if I was going to include the own design scaley as an ongoing project - even though it only exists in Turbocad - then I should also include the three projects for which I have done no more than a few early sketches. If I was going to count those then should I also count the hugely over ambitious project I have in mind for which I have traced a few templates???? In the end I decided that I should only include projects that are actually on the bench and which, if I wanted, I could go and attend to right now and came to the conclusion that the answer was zero. Next week I'll cast my vote again and the answer will be two, possibly three!

I have 5 builds at various stages. Too many really considering how little free time I have at the moment.

T-Rex 450Pro 3GX (yes a heli)

Mass build tucano - going quite slow at the moment

FliteTest foamboard spitfire - about half done

RCME Jemima free plan - just started

Phoenix 2000 glider - just arrived in the post today

I have 2 awaiting first flights, 3 under construction and many more not started or being planned. I must learn to finish one project before staring another. The more models I have the more time I spend on maintenance and the less time I have for building. I am close to an equilibrium where all my time is spent flying or maintaining the existing fleet and I'll have no time for building!

I have 2 awaiting first flights, 3 under construction and many more not started or being planned. I must learn to finish one project before staring another. The more models I have the more time I spend on maintenance and the less time I have for building. I am close to an equilibrium where all my time is spent flying or maintaining the existing fleet and I'll have no time for building!

I actually have none at the moment! I have just aquired a 1/4 scale Fournier RF4 off a club mate who was considering cutting it up!! It is a Mick Reeves one and has some beautiful scale features. The retracts are being a pain and might neeed replacing with a less worn set! I flew it for the first time today and it went very well. I think this will become a full refurb job so I guess my count will be going up to 1 in the near future!!

Andy

5 for me.

Commissioning my late fathers Hot Pot 54 trainer built in 1982 and never flown. It's going electric. Shouldn't take long.

Completing a Bell Hop. Trapplet plan. Converting it from electric to glow. The build has been stalled for nearly a year.

Completing a CF Phase 6 bought for me by SWMBO Christmas 2011.

Completing the build of the Mass Build Tucano.

All above stalled due to civil engineering work at home (the biggest project). Ergo - no workshop so what little bit I get done happens on a picnic table in the loft. At the moment about all I can get to do is keep the fleet I have airborn. So it looks like I'll miss my first visit to Greenacres - again! crying

Ian

Edited By Rentman on 19/06/2013 00:41:19

My main project is also my smallest by far. The Guillows Beechcraft Musketeer (20" span) is getting very close to the covering stage and I still don't know if there is any viable alternative to a tissue and dope finish - suggestions welcome! In the interest of keeping weight right down to try and get it to fly on a Cox 010 I have left off the U/C and pared away as much balsa as I dare. Next in line will be Jemima, Oodallaly, Sky 40 Trainer and a WOT 4, probably in that order but always more than one on the go at anytime. Like many others who flit from time to time to keep the build fresh. Add to that a couple of ARTFs as crash fodder, a couple of Glider kits (one to have another go at the Caprice which I made when I was at school) another Guillows kit and a home design rubber powered thing (aircraft would be too kind) made up from the bits that almost certainly should have found their way into one of the previous builds and the total tops ten.

Great Poll (Tisue and dope?? try Litespan!)

Be2c long term 2 year mission.... shortly a Mini-Panic, but typically 3-4 on the go which then lapse in the summer (as flying takes over) then lapse in the winter (workshop too cold)

Steve

I have answered that, currently, I have 2 projects underway, but they are not "new-builds" only crash repairs...One new build is on hold from some time ago, hopefully I shall return to it as soon as I have something flyable, until then it does not make any sense building something new and, by the time is completed I might have forgotten how to fly!

However I must say that rebuilding is as satisfactory as building from the beginning...certainly more difficult but, when the repaired model is back up in the air the satisfaction is many folds greater!

What is under repair? One Sbach 342 30 cc with a totally destroyed front section and a Dakota with some wing damage. The DC3 should be ready for this upcoming week-end for a very hot new test. Hot is referred to the 36°C we are feeling here in Roma this week.

Dino

Just got back in to modelling this year. I have finished an old Global kits Cutlass 10. Modified to have leccy power and rudders.

I'm starting on a modified old plans Swannee with one extra wing bay, slightly wider fuselage, leccy power and for channels.

I am very slowly building the Traplet plans Me 163. I'll modify this for electric power too.

Meanwhile My kit car is due MoT next month so I guess that there will be things to do to it prior/post the event!

In the future I am very keen to build a Rapide - most likely the Traplet plan.

It is the same question my wife asks me!

I have 2 waiting to maiden, a Hk Wilga and an Acrowot foam-e

One just arrived - HK Durafly MK24 Spitfire

Next will be my brushed / nicad to brushless conversions - bd5d, graupner mirage

Then i have about 4 kits waiting for me, a new motor needed for my Jiant Jabberwock and 2.4 ghz radio for the Radio Queen, Custom Cruiser, and Graupner Cirrus (now that one is 33 years old so that should count as on old project!)

Sure there is more to renovate (Superfly, Jabberwock V .....) but loose track!

Sure there is more but loose track!

I,m always tempted by new plan before i finish the last one. But at the moment i have a cambrian p51d funfighter near completion. A miles magister almost there. And a Lysander awaiting its undecided livery. Lastly a completed but as yet uncovered Pixie major the big one. 58inch. Just enough room in my shed for me an radio now.