FrSky Taranis - user chat

Bob Cotsford

I have been using a Frsky module in a 8u futaba radio for 3/4 years now, & never had any problems. With the Taranis I can still use all of my older RX's, just put one of their JDT module's in the back. I will say that the programing is different but I am getting there slowly, & with the price of the RX's from £13 to about £26 I can see no point of using anything else...............

Posted by Dave Bran on 23/02/2014 13:28:08:
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 23/02/2014 12:20:20:Useful when connecting e-flite batteries and carrying to the filghtline maybe?

As distinct from more restrained and self-controlled non-eflite batteries? wink 2

Rumour has it I might get mine this week.................... thumbs up

Dave, my non-eflight batteries have a durty gurt big oily thing up frontlaugh

ok, you got me on the flite bit!

I have been playing around with my Taranis today setting up a new model and thought I would make use of the 3 position switch ( SA ) and 3 sets of rates. After making the 3 sets of rates up on c9x and checking on the simulator I find that only 2 work with ''SA'' in the down position its the same as when its in the middle position. What am I doing wrong ???

Posted by WolstonFlyer on 24/02/2014 20:48:15:

I have just 'pulled the trigger' (as they say in the USA) on a Taranis from T9HobbySport

I will probably get a 2500mAh 8xAA NiMh+ Low self discharge Battery pack from Vapextech, I think that will let me use the built in charger.

**LINK**

An 8 x AAcell will be too big for the battery compartment & it will have the wrong plug on it. Have a look at Taranis Tx spares on the T9 site there's a 2000mAH LSD priced at £10.19 - I just got recently.

Just seen they're out of stock but probably best just use the fitted battery & wait until they come back in.

Edited By PatMc on 24/02/2014 21:03:42

Posted by J V R on 24/02/2014 21:06:26:

Hi WF

If your charge light blinks for a short while after plugging in then the charger will handle a larger mah battery, I found that out via another forum...........

JVR, the battery capacity doesn't matter as far as the charger's concerned but anyway that's not the issue. The physical dimensions of an 8xAA cell battery & connector don't suit.

I have just been watching the videos from RCModelReviews on YouTube, he does a very good review, I think I am going to be pleased with this

I think I will use the stock battery for a while, a 1500mAh LiFe looks like a possible oprin as well with an adapter cable.

Just that horrible wait for the currier company now!

Yes, I've been very impressed with how fast T9 deliver stuff. I've placed about 5 orders with them lately (Tx, the subsequent Rx's, sensors and upgrade battery etc) having never ordered from them before. Everything has arrived after one working day. Order in the morning you get it the next day, order at night you get it the day after next. Very impressive.

BEB