96 quid gloves

The pair I order turned out to be too large, so I contacted Kevin to request a replacement.

He called me to discuss on Thursday night and replacements hit the mat this morning. AFAIC I received superb service all round, for a quality product. It's a pity that the economics of the venture didn't stack up for Kevin.

All I can say is great service from a great guy. I sent my first pair back after deciding that they were a bit large for my fingers (I have wide but stubby hands) and Kevin offered to change them. He called me a couple of times to check details and resolve some confusion and they have arrived to my revised spec. and are terrific. I'd go so far as to say they fit like a glove...

• 1 month later...

I received my pair promptly, and I have to say that I could not believe the quality. I can imagine that getting the size right would allow a nice close fitting glove that does not get in the way when dealing with "fiddly things", yet the extreme elasticity of the leather would allow easy flexing of the hand when moving control sticks etc. I easily see that the original price for a snug fitting pair would be well worth the money - of course that would only be the price of a motor or full set of the right servos for any one of my models.

My advice would be try on gloves to get as close to the right size as possible before ordering. For some reason the sizing of my gloves was way out, and I have passed my pair to a very appreciative colleague - they clearly make very nice cycling gloves!

• 9 months later...

I've been flying on a slope for the last week with a pair of these gloves as the weather has turner colder. I find that if I don't wear them my fingers get rather dead and uncomfortable after about 20 minutes in the breeze. With the gloves on (both the inner and outers) I can fly as long as I want - or at least until my face get frozen, which seems to be around the 90 minutes mark. I have NO trouble whatsoever in working the transmitter and have been truly delighted with them.

I see that they are still available on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/gloves-for-radio-controlled-plane-for-rc-plane-rc-glider-rc-helicopter-drone/142535593503?hash=item212fc88e1f:g:Y7sAAOSw8w1X~mgy

Go on - you know you need them!

Time to get my balaclava out of the drawer. Then the long johns,