RCM&E / Greenacres June 2014 fly-in - chat thread

Advert

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 17/06/2014 00:03:50:

Oh pity that Phil - bad luck! Still next time will be the one! And remember, you are allowed two goes on any one day!

BEB

It was Dave but tomorrow evening wind permitting is the planned retest and if nec re-retest so may still happen in time

What really annoyed me Stephen is I haven't messed a landing up for weeks now, some not too tidy but all in the box, (no not the pilot box lol) and precious few bounces then when it really matters the wind takes over and I fail to compensate adequately though when I got my Tx out last night to do a post crash test on the trainer I found the rates switch at low, I haven't used low rates for over 10 weeks now. Pilot error is the phrase that jumps to mind,

blush

hopefully your right Bob but I do know the rates where high for take of as I went through the SMART acronym for the examiner as we were discussing what to do prior to switching the model on

My best guess is I caught it during flight as it was close to my timer switch which I had to knock off in the landing circuit mainly as a courtesy to others in the pilot box it was quite busy at the time 4 others in the sky when I started 2 landed while I was up

I have reprogrammed the timer switch to a push button next to the aerial

John we have no more clue than you do. However, even more folk than other years have shown interest in the preceding months, and it looks like the weather will not be putting anyone off coming.

I'm expecting it to be very busy indeed. There may well be queuing to fly. Mind you, when we've had a very busy event in the past, it has always sort of self regulated and many folk have held back and just had a good spectate, while others get a turn.

It's very likely the BBC will come with TV cameras too, so bring your favourite shirt

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 17/06/2014 22:40:12

I can only do Saturday, but intend to stay as late as I can bearing in mind the drive back down south. Looking forward to catching up with a few friends and making some new ones.

Saw the post about the clothing, forgot I had ordered a shirt and have not chased it, so fingers crossed it turns up.

Cheers,

Simon

I shall be attending the Saturday, although my Dawn Flyer won't be ready by then for me to show with the rest, don't have my 'A' yet so could not fly it anyway. But I am looking forward to seeing all the other mass builds and some flying action so my camera may be busy.

Also would be good to meet and put faces to some of the names on here as you have been so helpful with my first build etc. I will be easily spotted as the little excited dumpy one with the c47 Dakota tee shirt on.

see you Saturday

OK folks, this year's fly in looks like its going to be a very busy one, with lots of people saying they're going and good weather promised.

In previous years we have arranged a "meet up" for forum members. The purpose of this is simply so we can all recognise each other as the event goes on! To allow time for everyone to arrive, and in recognition of the fact that some will only attend one day, we usually schedule these meet ups for around 14:00 on both Saturday and Sunday. A suitable venue is the area just in front of the Burger Van - that way we can have a cuppa while we chat!

Obviously this isn't the only way or time to meet - but it does provide one centralised get-together where you can put names to faces - otherwise we could spend the whole time walking up and down passing each other and not even knowing! So, if you're there do come along and introduce yourself. My experience is that I've made some good friends this way and contacts live on well after the event itself. Looking forward to seeing you all at Greenacres. And remember:

Saturday and Sunday, 14:00, in front of the Burger Van!

BEB

Note number two - this time for Mass Builders.

If you have taken part in the Mass Build this year, can we all get together, with the models, immediately after the meetup, say 14:30 or so on Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure David will want to get a group photo of all builders and their models and you would like to see the efforts of others who have built the same model as you!

We will also investigate booking some flying slots for this group. No promises! But we will try.

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 18/06/2014 10:27:30:I'm sure David will want to get a group photo of all builders and their models and you would like to see the efforts of others who have built the same model as you!

Certainly will. Like last year I'll get a tannoy announcement around midday both days.