Winter build

Advert

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gerrrrr ! still no maiden flight due to this bog awful weather frownso I will add some pictures of the radio install

imga0961.jpg

With the OS 40 FS up front I had to place the batt as fare back as I could, the rudder (closed loop) & elevator (pushrod) servos are on hardwood rails in standard fashion,the forward rail is to mount the Rx

imga0964.jpg

imga0966.jpg

The Rx is banded to a lightply plate that goes in the slot at the back and screwed at the front

imga0967.jpg

aerial placement

imga0965.jpg

.....and switch ,and before kc asks ,the Rx is sitting on some self adhesive foam pads,the servo leads are held in spiral wrap and the charge lead goes into a socket in the hatch

imga0972.jpg

got to have a pilot ! smiley

imga0975.jpg

imga0976.jpg

imga0977.jpg

AUW is dead on 5lb yes

• 3 weeks later...

Test flight last week , 1st flight lasted 30 sec forgot the engine was new blush and set to lean ,spat prop off smile o lucky it's a good glider ! ,2nd flight after running two tanks of fuel though the FS 40 better yes added some expo on rudder so response not so "choppy" but needed full down trim at max power, 3rd flight added 1/16 ply shims under rear struts ,zero trim on elevator with a gentle climb at full power .

imga0981.jpg

imga0982.jpg

Edited By jeff2wings on 22/03/2014 17:27:44