How many rules does this break....discuss?

Advert

David. Yes it looks more dangerous than running in front of bulls and being attached by fireworks. Good old Spain.

On a serious note I noticed in the credits Centro RC Levante. For the record this has nothing to do with my pseudonym here on the forum. Levanter3 It is a radio control shop in Alicante and I live in Mallorca. These are not Spanish people however.

Further down the credits I see that lots of magazines are involved as media partners.

In all forms of sport, technology, whatever. If people can do it they will do it. Having said that I am absolutely not condoning it.

At the end they indicated the risks were all thoroughly assessed and managed. I couldn't disagree more. Too high, over concrete, directly under heavy machines, exposed rotors, built up area ................... as you say how long is one list and how short is the other?

No idea, not sure what the regulations are in Spain.

Im guessing none as it explains quite clearly that it was a stunt carried out by professional stuntmen and presumably women. Also it seems to have been supported, by quite a few magazines Im guessing but like RCM&E they would not associate themselves with an illegal act.

This would be breaking rules in Spain I am sure. There is a Federation but not anything like as active as the BMFA. It looked like the stunt was on private ground so it would be difficult to police. I think it would raise an alert however given the amazing lifting power assuming, as Martyn says, it was not a hoax.

I have visited flying clubs here and I have found sensible safety awareness. It would be great however if the BMFA could have an overseas or European membership category. I am sure there would be no legal barriers anymore and I am fairly confident that us ex-pats would understand if the subscription was a bit higher as clearly admin and perhaps insurance costs would be more.

Sorry. going off topic so maybe I should start another thread.

Posted by Levanter3 on 10/04/2014 10:35:38:

David. Yes it looks more dangerous than running in front of bulls and being attached by fireworks. Good old Spain.

On a serious note I noticed in the credits Centro RC Levante. For the record this has nothing to do with my pseudonym here on the forum. Levanter3 It is a radio control shop in Alicante and I live in Mallorca. These are not Spanish people however.

Further down the credits I see that lots of magazines are involved as media partners.

In all forms of sport, technology, whatever. If people can do it they will do it. Having said that I am absolutely not condoning it.

At the end they indicated the risks were all thoroughly assessed and managed. I couldn't disagree more. Too high, over concrete, directly under heavy machines, exposed rotors, built up area ................... as you say how long is one list and how short is the other?

Are you a professionally trained stuntmen then? You seem to think you know better than the ones on this stunt, just wondering why?

Posted by Levanter3 on 10/04/2014 11:32:23:

The Titanic was fully authorised. Evel Kneivel ended up having more metal in him than me. I only just started my list and thank goodness we don't have to be professionally trained to have an opinion Bearair.

Agreed opinion's are free to everyone just trying to establish if you had experience of this sort of stunt and possibly a more valued opinion.

I see this as a professional stunt carried out and filmed such that it looks more dangerous and possibly impressive than it is. If it promotes the hobby in a way that might appeal to the younger generation then i think great.

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 10/04/2014 11:45:54:

biggest risk appeared to be landing on a palm tree in a miniskirt, bet that made her eyes water1

Having never landed on a palm tree in a mini skirt I can only imagine!!!.

Got to go now off to Spain with some soothing lotion....................

@ Lecckyflyer - LOL!

BEB

PS I agree with Pete - if a stuntman did a thing like this all the camera angles would be carefully chosen to obscure the fact that there was padded area for him to land on should he fall. The skill of being a stunt man is I think to do things that look dangerous in a safe way. I'm not convinced that applies here!