I've just done a search for details on the 2014 Nats - "BMFA Power Nats 2014".

Some hits, but nothing obvious.

Mmmm, Ah - "BMFA Contest and Event Calendar" bound to be in there! Straight to it - on the page 15th April - can't jump pages, can only advance one page at a time, painfully advance to the back end of August, page 17, one at a time,......., and guess what - its not there! Well correction, the GBR/CAA have their event at Barkston there - but nothing else.

Mmm, back to Google,...Ah here is it is "The BMFA Power Nationals - Home Page" - brilliant!

So I went there,....it was here.

Ho hum - well at least I know its 131 days to the Nats - 2013!!

Couldn't someone, somewhere in BMFA take that page down before it embarrasses them anymore? God help us. If details haven't been finalised would it really hurt to put an up-to-date holding page in place - it is the National Championships for heaven sake and it is only 4 months away!

BEB

Advert

I know that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask but I was scared to ask a few weeks ago because I could only find the 2013 dates myself.

I agree wholeheartedly, it is embarrassing, it makes the BMFA look like a school fete rather than the professional representative body that they claim to be.

Yes there is a thread on here about it Barry. Here

But this year's will still be at Barkston - so I don't think that is a reason for the complete lack of information - no worse than a lack of information, last year's information. Hang on - no worse than that,...last year's information 131 days before last year's event took place. It takes a real talent to get it that wrong!

John - I'm sorry mate, but I completely disagree with that,...most School Fetes are far more professionally promoted!wink 2

BEB

It would be nice, in my opinion, if the "Chacksfield Comms team" could pop on with a brief "update" or even "matters are in hand" with a further update to follow "as and when" in the next mag..!.....

As "our" representative body, the silence is not reassuring... if I am not mistaken, a recent article in the BMFA news was about their improved comms to members!.. I think I am right in saying that last bit..

An update is overdue

I spy another session of BMFA bashing coming up ! teeth 2

If they are employing someone on a profesional basis to organise this, then they want their backsides kicking. If it is the usual situation of well meaning elected volunteers, then you shouldn't expect better. People who sit around and make rules after endless deliberation, generally couldn't organise the preverbial brewery trip. For example, choose any British government since 1945 !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just been looking at the new airfield layout for the Nationals here. Can anyone explain how you get from the day entrance to park anywhere near the trade area or showline through all the control line circles that seem to have occupied the prime areas, or without driving through the campsite?

Is this another instance of things alluded to in other threads where a minority interest (control line in this case) gets disproportionate attention?

Hi, the team race circles have been moved to there current position to prevent fuel contamination and Tarmac degradation to the newly surfaced runway,apparently. This is not a case of a minority interest getting a case of dis proportionate interest, they are not happy about the situation either. For further reading on this issue and others relating to the nats. please go to control one.org.uk and look under 2014 nats. I have nothing to do with the website other being a subscriber. I enjoy all forms of aero modelling, and go to the nats to see competition not

the shoreline,but each to their own. Regards,Steve

Well it might be a minority interest but my 18 year old daughter - who does no aeromodelling - simply loves C/L team racing! Every year we go to the Nats and she would happily sit there for hours watching it.

Just shows you - you can't second guess what young people will enjoy about our hobby!

BEB

if things go as planned - Enrico will be demonstrating how to make plane's out of £20.00 note's...watch out for him and he's taking 'Rosie' this year ...she is a stunner..... buy her a drink-you'll have a friend for life....he'll be parked beside the hangar...here 'she is' when she went in 2012 ...she spends loads of time up the hill's with Enrico when he is DS gliding etc.....and can name most gliders that are current....dog ruff ruff...

rosie at the nats 2012.jpg

ken Anderson ne..1 .Rosie fan club dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 21/08/2014 19:32:26