What's flying over your house

David Pearce 4

Just the other day a pusher aircraft flew over the house and appeared to be making it's way in the direction of Biggin Hill. Could it have been a Piaggio Avanti?--I cannot tell from the photograph and the zoom feature on my camera has failed other than on the video setting so I could not get a better shot. I assume there are no Walrus's flying?

001.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 13/06/2015 15:23:11

Advert

To the lucky chap who has just been doing some spirited aeros in a Spitfire just east of Wellingborough!!

Your aircraft sounds the dogs do dahs, but, why did you find it neccessary to hide behind, admitedly badly placed, trees and houses so I could onlt see you at the top of things!!

In future, if you must "show off" there is plenty of perfectly suitable air right above my house in Finedon. I can give you a map reference should you care to ask!

To the Blades leader.

Your "Angry Bee" sound came up two minutes after the Spit on a jolly under the guise of "practise", and, as usual, I could hear you very clearly, but could not see hide nor hair of you.

This has been going on for years and must stop.

Show yourself for heavens sake!!

Posted by Dave Bran on 13/06/2015 14:59:27:

4 of Yak 52's

The same 4 Yaks passed a bit to the south of us as I was flying on Epsom Downs on Sunday afternoon - heading in the general direction of Biggin Hill.

Then shortly before 5pm they reappeared, flying right over us this time heading away from Biggin. I tried to get a photo of them but only had my phone with me, and by the time I got the phone out, switched to 'camera' mode etc. etc. the resultant shot shows each Yak as a smudge about 20 pixels by about 10...sad

A DC-3 about 10 minutes ago, heading roughly north west about 1500 feet, tried a quick look on Flightradar, but nothing there; must be a show somewhere.

The DC-3 track was directly across the inbound track for runway 23-Right and Manchester, they must have waved him through!

XH558 flew over our house this afternoon as part of the weekends "Salute to the V Force" where XH558 is flying over all the locations where there are static 'V Bombers' on display.

I didn't see it fly over my house because I had camped out at Woodford Aerodrome (just a couple of miles away) which was one of the designated flypast points for this weekends tour.

I would guess that a couple of thousand turned up, hardly surprising given Woodford's relationship with the Vulcan ... after all it was built there.

We didn't get the full power "chest tingling" climb out ... probably because of fuel issues ... but it was a great occasion.

Vulcan, ten minutes ago. Not exactly over us, but over Marham and Kings Lynn. Marham is 8 miles away, but we could still hear it! And I got full telephoto shots of it amazingly.

When it used to formate on a couple of Victors over my house, I never had a camera! Damn!!

Cheers,

MrTin

There's been some interesting aircraft flying into Staverton, and often over my house, recently. All the following were seen in June:

A lovely Tri-Pacer

Bristol Blenheim

Spatan Executive in glorious chrome.

Beech 3NM Expiditor

4 Danish Airforce Saab Supporters

Mystery Ship Replica

Staverton is served very well by photographers and has its own Flickr account. See pics of all the above on their website here:

**LINK**

Spitfire (as usual, doing circuits, gets REALLY boring!) and a Harvard/Texan, which was in a light poss silver scheme with roundels which might have been Australian, could have been red kangas, so a Wirraway (or lookalike).

Two, possible Spitfire and Hurricane have in last few mins passed over, wife reports, I was on phone...............prob going up to Buckingham Palace flypast.

Not quite "over the house", but last Sunday afternoon we had a vintage trio fly past, about half a mile away, whilst I was flying. I'm 99% sure it was the same three aircraft that gave us a nice low pass at Wings and Wheels the Sunday before. I believe they're based at Biggin Hill and were heading back there on both occasions.

The trio were a Miles Messenger (G-AKVZ), a Luscombe Silvaire Deluxe (G-BUKU) and a Moth of some description (Hornet Moth?) - reg not noted. I would have put a picture of them here, but I didn't have my camera with me at W&W. Actually, that's a lie... I did have my camera with me. What I didn't have was the camera battery, which was safely back at home in the charger where I'd put it the night before! embarrassed

Today, just before 14:30, RIGHT over my house and as low as they go over housing.....................The Reds.

As they appeared from the south banking into a formation turn to starboard the last two high and port side were catching up into the big vee, and before they left my sight in the opposing direction towards Biggin Hill they had joined and were in their usual perfect tight Vee.

Also lots and lots of "air pollution" today, as the Biggin stack seemed pretty full for a large slice of the day. Depending on their relative sizes the bottom of stack ones still circling look extremely close to the ones either coming from the Epsom stack or having time wasted west from the bottom of the BH stack to turn back to finally port turn over Bromley and Bexley to pick up the beam over central london for LHR westerly approach.