Danny's "poor mans Spitty"

Danny Fenton

Advert

That's very good thank you. I would have been slapping it on with a half inch paint brush.

If you do the other side could you possibly show how to finish it off without the peel ply, that's maybe a step to far for me on this one. Sorry to be a pain and thanks again.

Hi Nev, the procedure if you don't use peel ply is very similar but I can show it if you like? There are two ways you can go. Either primer straight on top of the glass finish, or you can add a flow coat of epoxy. The latter route means lots of elbow grease in sanding the epoxy, and in my experience is heavier for no extra strength.
Cheers
Danny

Hi. It was the wiping it down with a credit card, to take off the excess that sounded risky. I've had look at your other vids and think I get the idea.

I need to practice mixing and applying it on a bit of scrap first I think, to get a feel for it, thanks.

Nev.

Hi Nev, I will use the credit card technique on the tailplane and show you that process. However with practice you will find that you don't put as much on and therefore not as much is removed. But the process is the same and worth seeing I guess.

The ply removal video is uploading to YouTube and will be online later

Cheers

Danny

I have never bothered with PolyC as I do not see any advantages. If i am correct it is water based and can warp a structure if not sealed first. It also takes at least six coats to get to where I was after just ten minutes. Granted resin takes longer to dry. I think resin is harder and definitely hard lasting.
I cannot see any advantages, epoxy doesnt really smell either.....
Cheers
Danny