New Spektrum DX6 Owners' Thread

Paul Marsh

hi william i did notice a fully charged lion battery drop to 7.8 after one flight but they seem to stable out at that for a long time before they start to fall plus i do believe they they need 10 plus charges before the battery is fully conditioned so it may improve with time

Advert

hi simon the new dx6 has the wireless or wired function available dx8 and dx9do not have the wireless function so only compattible dx6 can do this, but there is a problem with the new dx6 draining alkaline batteries, the owner of this latest dx6 has been intouch to say when he got home from the field tried a new set of batteries to try with his phoenx flight simulator and the batteries drained within 20 minutes so there is cleraly an internal problem with some of the new dx6

That's a bummer, I am sure I have seen posts on DX9 wireless buddy option. I thought one of the bonuses with this this new Tx is the shared features of the higher models. Only being able to connect to other new DX6 's wireless by buddy is a limitation. I have the new DX6 but have not used the wireless feature yet. I was lead to believe that I could buddy wireless to my old DX6i.

My understanding is that any DSM2 or DSMX Tx can bind to the Rx inside the new DX6 and therefore be wireless trainer - that's what it seems to say in the manual

Wireless Trainer works just like the Wired Trainer, without the
wire. Select Wireless Trainer to bind a DSM2 or DSMX slave
transmitter to the master transmitter.

Edited By kc on 11/03/2015 19:17:54

Posted by kc on 11/03/2015 19:16:34:

My understanding is that any DSM2 or DSMX Tx can bind to the Rx inside the new DX6 and therefore be wireless trainer - that's what it seems to say in the manual

Wireless Trainer works just like the Wired Trainer, without the
wire. Select Wireless Trainer to bind a DSM2 or DSMX slave
transmitter to the master transmitter.

Edited By kc on 11/03/2015 19:17:54

That's what I thought, I have not tested it. I am a newbie flyer myself and the main reason I bought the new DX6 is for the telemetry which is great. My 8 year old son is pretty good on his own mostly with his Radian and DX6i, so have not tried wireless buddying as yet.

ok simon and david it looks like ive been led up the garden path on this one with a computer buff saying it could not be done and people at the field say they had to be both wireless, but guss what they were all wrong, i have been setting up a dx6 that has wireless program installed with a dx5 a dx8 and a dx7 the only thing to check once its done is servo direction, last year and this year when we had jackplug issues we were told it could not be done but with you speaking so possitive about it i thought its time to test and i wish ide done it last year it would have saved a lot of problems, thanks to you both for putting things right

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I bought my 10 month old son a new DX6 combo set from Als Hobbies at a very reasonable price. The set came with two AR 610 receivers. On reading several reviews and indeed Spectrum's own website, I see that the AR 610 is suitable for models up to .91 size engine. Can anyone explain why the model size is relevant to the AR 610.

My boy is anxious that his Flair Super Chipmunk with a Laser 120 engine cannot be used with one of his new receivers.

Regards

Gary

Hi Paul,

Thank you yes....he is very advanced for his age and has a special Tx tray on his pram. I had to tell the wife that it is very educational for the boy to have tecky stuff that I could perhaps borrow from time to time.

The thing is....the advertising blurb and instructions all state that it is a full range receiver. However, Spektrums own site and instructions also state that it is for use in models up to .91 size engine. I can't get my head around the engine size, or the size of the model itself impacting on the efficiency of the receiver.

If anyone has any comments, I would be only too happy to hear it. Don't want the boy chucking his toys out of the pram.

Gazza.

Ps...I didn't really buy it for the boy.......fortunately the wife is a blonde ...

I reckon the recommended size limit it mostly due to the size of the rx tracks. Bigger model's servos use more power and although would work, a servo load could burn the track out - hence the 90 size limit.

Bigger rx's have beefier tracks and suited for more powerful servos.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Just started playing with my new DX6, I've managed to change to mode 1, but when I reversed the throttle channel (yes that's the way I learned) I had a small problem.

The alarm / lockout function on full throttle switch on did not reverse at the same time, so now it will only switch on at full throttle.I've had to inhibit this function to switch on at low throttle.

The countdown timer also starts at switch on but I've assigned that to the elevator stick so that's not a problem.

I've had a look through some other forums but there is so much to get through I gave up without any success.

Any thoughts on the problem?

Werell Ron, here is a problem. Why were you taught this way, not by a qualified instructor, I bet. The thing is that all through the aviation industry, it is always push to go faster and pull back to slow down. Think about your car accelerator, that is the same. You push to go faster and take your foot off to gas to slow down.

If you can handle all of the other control surfaces such as aileron, rudder and elevator, how hard is it going to be to change your throttle action. Just keep saying to yourself that I push throttle stick forward to take-off, and I pull it back to slow down. You are going against all normal thinking in your use of the throttle, i.e.reversing it.

The new DX6 is an awesome entry level Transmitter, so why try to swim against the stream. The whole DX6 program is set up for the normal throttle direction. I bet there are not many folk on this site who operate their throttle as you do.

I would suggest to you that it would be far easier for you to re-learn the throttle operation instead of trying to change the DX6's program of warnings. What do the other members on here make of this one?????

This is going to cause quite a discussion, I reckon.

Hi Tony

Yes I get a lot of teasing at my throttle orientation at the club, but I recon It's a bit late for me to change now.

I taught myself in the sixties on a slope soarer and it just felt more comfortable to fly with the stick back. When I did get a power model, that was the natural full throttle position.( Man who teaches himself has a fool for an instructor!! )sad

Ron