Dual elevator link - coupler - thingy

Stevo

Hi All.

Got a S/H aircraft that has an exceptionally stiff elevator linkage. It has separate elevators, with two pushrods - typical Blackhorse or Seagull. The links need to come out and be replaced.

So I need a coupler.. I'll try and describe what I need ... It's around 12mm diameter, 20mm long. It has three holes, around 2mm diameter from one side to another, so that the centre one will take a central pushrod from the servo, and the two outer ones house the pushrods to each elevator. All three are locked in place by a grubscrew.

I've tried looking for coupler..pushrod.. adaptor and various other things. Yep I can make one but it would save a bit of faffing around!!

So, what's it called? C'mon, you know what it is... could anyone find one?

Edited By Stevo on 23/07/2014 19:20:27

Advert

They would need soldering together in the airframe and not a lot of room, and too close to the plastic pushrod guides - wouldnt want to melt them crying

Blackhorse and Segull ARTF's usually have them (the doodahs), and they are so adjustable and quick to set up..

One of these...

coupler.jpg

Edited By Stevo on 23/07/2014 19:39:01

Hi Steve . Have a look at this set up very strong . Snake outer's MUST be securely fixed at both ends and ideally supported at a couple of places in the middle .The connector is a piece of carbon fiber sheet but could be made from ali paxolin etc . The screw fixing it to the snakes are 14 mm long hex head servo screws these are a nice fit in the snake  will not pull out or come loose  as snakes will snap first .

Edited By Engine Doctor on 23/07/2014 20:55:29

Edited By Engine Doctor on 23/07/2014 20:58:42

Great!!

Aha got it now. Thats an interesting way to do it! All my snakes are supported at regular intervals and at both ends anyway - particularly when using the Sullivan ones.

Whats the dual switch arrangement on the right??

And still no one has found the item cheeky

Edited By Stevo on 23/07/2014 21:25:01

Hi Steve the twin switch is for redundancy. I lost a very nice model a couple of years ago due to a cell failure. Since then any decent or large model is fitted with dual batteries and switches . These also have a diode fitted to stop them draining one another should one fail. The model pictured is a Luscombe Silvair - ish . its about 10.5 foot span and is powered by a Moki 30cc petrol