Hobby King Global Warehouse.

There seem to be a few knockers of the Hobby King Global Warehouse service so here goes. I am in no rush for the parts by the way.

I have only ever ordered from the UK warehouse, until today.

I needed a couple of items that are not available from the UK or European warehouses.

Ordered today Saturday 26th July 2014 at 11.30am (6.30pm local time)

Paid using PayPal and used my points as part payment.

Order conformation and PayPal emails followed shortly at 11.31am

I will keep you informed.

Kev

Advert

Day 2.

Email from HobbyKing at 0458am.

Dear Kevin
This is an email from hobbyking's product checker #31.
I would like to inform you that your product(s) have been double checked and are now packed in their box and sent to the dispatch area. Please allow 48hrs for any tracking information to be displayed/updated.

Thanks for your support!
Hobbyking.com

Checking the status on my account only shows it as "printed".

Kev

KF - I'm pretty sure your stuff will turn up. You didn't say which of the many available postal services you chose. The goods will leave HK Global warehouse in a fairly short time. After this, the service is down to the courier.

I've used Global warehouse a few times for small items. Latest 2 were "Easy Off" clips and tools for XT60 battery plugs. Highly recommended. Postage is a couple of pounds for small items up to 100g. I made the weight up to exactly 100g with cyano application tubes (1g each wink), ball links etc. It is actually cheaper to order from Global than UK for this sort of thing, because for some reason, HK UK site does not offer small letter postage at the checkout, so you have to pay parcel rates.

Delivery usually takes 3 to 4 weeks and I've never had anything go missing yet. If you don't mind waiting don't let negative comments put you off.

I've also ordered a JR DSX9 Mk2 in the past. Price needs to be good on this sort of thing to offset the postage rates. I saved about £100 and it was delivered via air mail in less than a week.

Thank you for the comments Gary.

I have never had a problem using the UK warehouse and decided to give the global a try after so many negative comments.

Small items postage used as the total weight was 97g. Airmail I believe, so would expect my items in a couple of weeks if not sooner.

If my order goes smoothly, and I see no reason for it not to them I may use the global warehouse more often.

Kev

Day 3

I have a tracking code which opens this page. Pos Malaysia.

Great news, yes.

No.

The tracking code returns the following.

Record Not found
RC00xxxxxxxx
No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet.
Please try again later or contact Customer Service at 1-300 300 300 for further assistance.

Obviously I have removed the proper code, but all does not seem to be well!!

Kev

Don't worry about the Tracking code it will eventually tell you it has left Hong Kong.

Nearly all my shipments from HK global take up to 2 weeks. I recently had one delivered in 7 days. I also had one that took a month. There was a note on HK website about delays with some posts due to a scare about some shippers sending smoke bombs without a hazard label. I am on order 68 and have never had a lost delivery.

Where else can I buy a 2.25" alloy spinner and a glow plug for £6.50 delivered or a 21" wood prop for £9.88 delivered.

Before I get the usual what about the quality comments I have 3 spinners and 4 props from previous orders all excellent quality.

Edited By Glyn R on 28/07/2014 16:35:04

What is the standard tax that you have to pay when you get your goods. Is it just a standard 20% ??

I ordered from the European wearhouse last year and had to pay a £14 tax at the post office to recover them which I hadn't taken into consideration.

Thanks and good luck with the time scale

Posted by Jamie sawyer on 28/07/2014 18:17:58:

What is the standard tax that you have to pay when you get your goods. Is it just a standard 20% ??

I ordered from the European wearhouse last year and had to pay a £14 tax at the post office to recover them which I hadn't taken into consideration.

Thanks and good luck with the time scale

You don't have to pay any tax from the EU warehouse, it must have been the HK warehouse you ordered from by mistake

You pay tax at 20% on the value over £15 (including the shipping costs). If it's coming by the Royal Snail or Parcel Farce, expect a further £8 rip-off handling charge. If it's SCS, then it's (I think) 4%. If the value of the goods is under £15, then there's no VAT due (and it doesn't matter about the shipping costs - the VAT on those only kicks in if the value of the goods is over £15)

If it's EMS, the Post Office will then hit you with an even bigger surcharge (round about £15) for doing exactly the same thing as they did for the 'standard' delivery (and it doesn't get to you any faster)

For tracking - I use this tracking site - it seems to be able to handle just about all major carriers. One thing about POS Malaysia is that their tracking varies from terrible to abysmal (in a lot of cases parcels have arrived that the tracker said were still in Kuala Lumpur)

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 29/07/2014 00:49:43

I have used Hobbyking a bit, and the delivery time will vary depending who the carrier is. I haven't had any lately, but my club friends who have tell me that Malaysia post outfit is not a good one for speed. I'm told they have also used Fiji post, who are even worse. Better if it travels with Singapore post or fedex. Of course I am in the opposite direction, NZ rather than the UK but the distance is much the same. (Actually the UK is closer to Hong Kong than New Zealand is, beleive it or not.)

It can take a long time between the Hobbyking "we have shipped" email, and the item actually appearing on the tracking. Sometimes the tracking will effectively be saying "we know about the item but don't have it yet" for about a week. One theory is that HK have put the item in a container at their end, but the carrier does not pick it up until it is full. Another theory involves a bullock cart and a man in a straw hat making his way through the paddy fields.

In the sixties I once had an order from the UK arrive in eight days. That was from start to arrival, and the order went there by airmail post since I didn't have Internet in those days. So less than four days in transit each way, and the shipper can't have wasted much time dealing with the order.

John

I have never had a problem with either Global or UK warehouses.

Delivery is generaly very good; although I only order stuff that I dont need imediately from the global.

I have got stitched charged by Royal Mail on 'Global' parcels, so tend to use UK warehouse by preference.

To be clear, even the EU and UK warehouses are staging posts and you (me) are still liable for import duty.

It is just the UK orginating parcels dont get picked up for tax.

I have just made my first EU warehouse order, so I will see if that gets picked up. If so I will revert to small orders from Global & EU. Anything chunky will have to wait until it is the UK warehouse.

Posted by Cuban8 on 29/07/2014 11:38:52:
Posted by Martin Harris on 26/07/2014 13:12:15:

Not knockers Kev, victims!

Yeah right, I'm the victim of saving hundreds of pounds over sixty orders with HKwink

When a servo or ESC at HK costs less than the petrol to drive back to the LMS for a replacement. I am quite happy to put it in the spares box.

I still support my LMS, but without HK and the like I would be doing a whole lot less flying.