Flycatcher

Great to hear from you Lindsay. The bigger wing was a good idea, but I can see why you chose the smaller one for the strong wing, which I wasn't aware of. I reckon the four blade prop would be a great idea and would certainly look the part.

I wonder if your friend will have a go at a float conversion, it would look great in formation with a Sopwith Schneider or Baby!

Advert

• 1 month later...

I thought that I would try Brain Cube for a set of laser cut parts.

Slight problem though - the price for the cutting is 40.09 pounds, but when you go to order it the price doubles!!!!crook

They say this is a website problem, but to me it is a lost order problem.

Who else does laser cutting?

• 1 month later...

Ian, well spotted, the photo's were shot on a very windy day, as a result I flew the model with a 5000mah 3 cell pack rather than the normal 3300 so we had a lot more nose weight that before and of course this moved the cg forward quite a bit hence the up elevator, rest assured with the cg in the correct position she is fine. Linds

Posted by Dylan Reynolds LaserCraft Services on 23/07/2015 22:44:06:

I suspect RCME are working on a laser short kit for it, they regularly do, maybe David Ashby could shed some light, if they are not, then I would be happy to produce a set, I won't do it if they are as it's not fair for me to reproduce anything commercially available.

Thanks Dylan, it's nice to see good ethics from a manufacturer, much appreciated,.

As you say, a set of parts is on the way soon from our Plans Service people, stay tuned wink

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 14/09/2015 14:55:36

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I started the build from the Flychatcher as an autum project. Due problems with my camera i lost a lot of pictures made during the build but here pictures how far i'm now.

flycatcher-fuse-1.jpg

flycatcher-fuse-2.jpg

flycatcher-wing.jpg

The next thing i plan to do is create Mort's brother Lionel.

Will post new pictures soon

regards

Koen Smits

Edited By Koen Smits on 24/10/2015 22:45:23

• 2 weeks later...

Lindsay,

Ready to maiden one of three Flycatchers being built by myself and two modelling friends from Hungerford Model flying club. We have decided that it will be a flock of Flycatchers flying in formation (hopefully!). Can you give an indication of control throws you have ended up with and is there any exponential in there?

Regards, Brian Vance