2015 Mass Build - 1st stage Model List

Martyn K

Well done Martyn.

I will be building the STOL Mk 11. I have already got the plan and CNC wood pack.

I must warn every one the CNC pack I received was OK on the Mk 11 wing ribs, but the parts for the fuselage were all wrong. Unfortunately My Hobby Store were not able to help me when I brought the matter to their attention. I think it will be better for people to cut their own parts but do not take for granted that the shaped parts on the plans are 100% correct.

John

Hi all

As per previous years, the Start Date is 1st January 2015, so starting adding to your pressie list or whatever you do to get loved ones to buy you stuff. You have 6 weeks to get ready..

Don't forget - I am surprised no-one has mentioned this..

Funfighters. I have spoken to Cambrian Models and they will support the Mass Build by Offering a 10% discount for Web Orders. You will need to quote rcbuild15 discount code when you place the order. Steve is stocking up - stocks are currently low but should be sufficient by December.

Steve has been very helpful - it would be nice if he gets some orders out of this. Would make a cracking Christmas Pressie for some people

Many thanks all, I'll be nagging you over the next few weeks to see what you will be building. And don't forget those build blogs.

Martyn

Hi Martyn.

Just a thought. There must be many forumites out there, who would love to join in the mass build, but won't for one of two reasons.

a) There is little or no chance of them getting to Greenacres.

b) They don't have a "A" certificate (it isn't compulsory to have one at many clubs), which is needed at that site.

How about a "Home Flier" thread for those builders so that they can join in the build and post pictures / video of their models at their home flying field ?

smiley

Bye the way. Thanks for all your hard work in getting this together.

Kevin my understanding is that attendance at Greenacres isn't a compulsory part of the mass build. I for one didn't attend last year, ok I did intend to, but there were many who took part and never intended to for many reasons, and Video's of the maiden of any of the builds while not compulsory is always welcome, Mass build subjects or not.

John it is always disappointing when plans and plan packs are not up to scratch, I'm not a prolific designer by any stretch but cannot imagine releasing a plan for sale that is anything short of perfect, perhaps that's why I'm not a prolific designer LOL. my 1st own design is 6 months in and I've half built the fuselage and the plans are still being tweaked.

Posted by kevin b on 17/11/2014 21:12:42:

Hi Martyn.

Just a thought. There must be many forumites out there, who would love to join in the mass build, but won't for one of two reasons.

a) There is little or no chance of them getting to Greenacres.

b) They don't have a "A" certificate (it isn't compulsory to have one at many clubs), which is needed at that site.

How about a "Home Flier" thread for those builders so that they can join in the build and post pictures / video of their models at their home flying field ?

smiley

Bye the way. Thanks for all your hard work in getting this together.

Conversely I got my "A" so I could fly at Greenacres. Without last years mass build I probably wouldn't have bothered and missed out on an excellent years flying. Might be that extra incentive some people may need?

There is also no reason why anybody couldn't take part in the mass build and go to Greenacres but not fly, or get a volunteer to fly their model for them there.

STOL. I recall that Peter Russel published a correction to the plan. The aileron or flap bellcranks were incorrectly 'handed' but I cannot remember which! Probably won't affect many people now as they might use separate servos, but worth noting just in case. I wonder whether the plans sold now have been corrected......

Due to my back injury the late winter and all of spring this year was just a co-codamol / co-proxamol fuelled haze! If I had managed to build anything I doubt it would have flown in any manner other than a boomerang!

Thank you for your hard work Martyn, it is very much appreciated. I will certainly be trying to get a build in for next year.

Got my eyes on two Piper Cubs 52 - 56" from Outerzone - 52 inch Cub for .15 engines  or 56 inch Cub J-3  just need to work out which prints better.  Hopefully will find out by the end of the week.

Edited By John F on 18/11/2014 12:38:54

Great to see that the STOL made it through. I learned to fly on a friends one of these in the late 80's and it's been on the build list ever since. As a member of the old school I shall be using the plan and sheet/strip wood, surely if you buy a set of cut parts and a wood pack this is kit? Not too mention the cost, I reckon I could put 3 or 4 together for the price of the two wood sets.
Who knows, I might even get my act together enough to get along to Greenacres with it

As said many times above thanks Martyn. Definately put your head over the parapet in taking this job on! yes

Parts ordered for the Atom (head and blades) Wonder how long the head takes from HK! surprise Might be making my own yet!

Just need some recomendations on a Cub plan now. Looking for one with flaps and ailerons if anybody has any suggestions?

Posted by john stones 1 on 18/11/2014 17:28:11:

Anyone got a suggestion for a plan for a Fw 190 for the fun fighter build ? save me a bit of trawlingcrook

John

This is the opponent for mine John ok not an fw 190 but it is the right nationality, maybe a dog fight is on the cards at Greenacres winkand because there isn't a gauntlet emoticon yes consider it thrown down cheeky

Edited By Phil Winks on 18/11/2014 18:54:43

Over the next couple of weeks I shall be drawing up and cutting my own version of a fun fighter if I can't find a plan I am happy with.

Talking of plans, if anyone has a plan that cut parts are not available for and they want them, then I will sort out a special deal just for the mass builders. The only thing I ask is that you can get the plan scanned 1:1 and emailed to me, just so I don't incure additional costs.