TACTIC TTX650 2.4Ghz Radio.

Derek Bradley

Has anyone, yet, had anything to do with, what appears to be, a new 2.4Ghz radio - the TacTic TTX650. From what I can find out about it it appears to be a good set-up and it looks easy to programme with its buttons, rather than a roller system and also good illustrations of what effects your programming is having. I have seen one comment that it is a good Chinese set which has been 'grabbed' by Hobbico and priced somewhat upwards. (See P.43 of latest RCM&E).

Any comments, please?

Derek.

Advert

Done a bit more digging and although I've still not found a proper technical rundown. From Vic on 'Deviation'' it appears to use the NRF24L01+ at 75mW and 250kbps.  This is quite high, Frsky for example is 30kbps - theoretically a higher bitrate will drop the range.  It seems to hop over only 15 channels and similar guids will give the same hopping sequence, hence they use randomly assigned guids.
This is fine until the one-in-a-gazillion chance that two with the same guid turn up at the same field, as actually happened with the initial Frsky protocol.   
However all the anecdotal reports are excellent, there are many happy users and I didnt find a single failure report. Its not as cheap as you'd expect though is it? 

Cheers
Phil

Edited By Phil Green on 13/11/2014 22:06:57

• 2 years later...

I've bought one today. Not sure how good it is, although one trader, Grimsby Model shop who I was speaking to last year at Winterton introduced me to it. Never heard of it, until last year and didn't buy one until I saw one in use.

So here it is. The guy I bought this off said he never had any problems with it, but the set looks practically brand new and still has that new smell, so probably only used once then sold.

I have with it, 4 6ch receivers and 3 8ch receivers that came with it. The 6ch ones have one antenna and the 8ch has 2 antenna's.

Feature-wise looks to have everything and 20 model memory. Not as much as the DX6, but not too bad considering it's price.

tactic6ch (2).jpg

tactic6ch (1).jpg

the 6ch single antenna in a model:

ptdc0007.jpg

Edited By Paul Marsh on 16/04/2017 22:28:27

Seen it in Leeds Model shop - £89 inc a 6ch receiver, and looking at the box, the 8ch dual antenna ones were selling for £20.

For £90 that is quite good value, but you do have to add a set of batteries and a charger to it, but it takes standard futaba, so a 4-5 cell wall charger will do it. Also it has a removable battery bay, so you can add a 4 cell pack instead.

• 1 year later...