BMFA classified has been hacked

MikeS

Advert

Posted by pilot-M on 05/02/2015 16:21:25:

Almost ready to launch LOL that means another 3 weeks then .

Well we hope not, there are just a couple of things still to sort out but we hope to be able to announce a date for launch early next week.

We had scheduled work on replacing theclassifieds towards the end of this year, however we were not convinced the old classifieds could be restored without the vulnerability, we could have restored it as was in a matter of hours, so we have been testing a number of new options, have decided on which option and been configuring it. All this on top of the day to day stuff at a very busy time of the year and while dealing with a number of other non website related issues which to be frank were much more important. In fact most of the classifieds work has been done in our own time. So apologies for any delay.

Posted by extra slim on 05/02/2015 21:41:45:

First it was Sony, then the BMFA classifieds, don't mess with Kim jong-un....

Just seen that the 'co-chair' of Sony has quit over the hack on Sony, in part at least due to comments in some of her emails that were revealed by the cyber attack.

Does this mean Kim Jong Un was really after Andy's emails in the BMFA hack? wink 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just think of all the money it has saved us, and those unpleasent moments expaining away the packages that mysteriously arrive from the postman to SWMBO.

Talking of which... (or witch lips!) I believe it must have been an alliance of said partners that hacked the site. Difficult to prove, I know...

Posted by Stevo on 14/02/2015 13:56:01:

Just think of all the money it has saved us, and those unpleasent moments expaining away the packages that mysteriously arrive from the postman to SWMBO.

Talking of which... (or witch lips!) I believe it must have been an alliance of said partners that hacked the site. Difficult to prove, I know...

The power of mumsnet know no bounds wink

That's it ! Mumsnet have hacked it.. I always knew they had a dark side. Of course multi-tasking - looking after the children, washing up, vacuuming, ironing, dusting, hacking.. do they know no bounds?

Perhaps the BMFA have traced the hacker's IP address to a house in Surbiton...

Edited By Stevo on 14/02/2015 15:11:33

So are you going to provide a link to your apparently-working BMFA Classified site, Chuck? I'm wondering if your Linux OS may be operating in some parallel universe, not available to we Windows mortals.....wink 2

Pete

ps I've just moved your last post and deleted that thread as it isn't a site problem here, I can assure you!smile

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 15/02/2015 10:48:38