Wots Wot ARTF

Has anyone building the new Ripmax Wots Wot encountered a lower wing dihedral issue? The instructions on page 3, Step 5, refers to dihedral on the underside of the wing joiner implying that when fitted, it would induce some dihedral on the lower wing which, I understand, is a desirable feature on biplanes. With my wing joiner fitted, and the two root ribs of each wing half butted firmly together, the underside of wing is perfectly flat.

If dihedral is intended, how is it to be set because no dimensions are specified in the instructions?

Advert

Thanks for your replies so far, reassuring to know model flies OK with no bottom wing dihedral. Question, how did the fit up of the interplane struts work out? Were they long enough? If they were the correct length, then to my way of thinking, the designer intended the lower wing to be flat with no dihedral. With dihedral on the lower wing, I'd expect the struts to be too long because dihedral would reduce the gap between upper and lower wings.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again guys for your feedback. My wing is now glued and the wing bottom is flat. Interestingly, and I got this bit of info recently from a well informed model shop proprietor, the new ARTF Wots Wot is actually designed by Ripmax, albeit based on the original by Chris Foss, hence the various differences. If this is wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

My bottom wing is flat, struts were fine and it flies excellently. I've had literally hundreds of flights out of it - its been my regular winter hack this year an I think its come with me on every trip to the field since early September. I'd recommend to anyone who wants an aerobatic hack that's just badly behaved enough to stop it being boring! wink 2

BEB