LMA Rougham 2015

Advert

There is no information about traders! But a glance at the Blackbushe list of traders possibly shows a list of the traders who wont be going to Roughham on Saturday! Unless they have enough have enough staff to do 2 shows at once.......

Posted by Concorde Speedbird on 12/05/2015 22:36:55:

I will be there on Sunday. Every other year there are lots of traders.

Essjay, have you any more information on this bypass? I have been going to Rougham all of my life and I would be very disappointed if it where to end.

CS

CS, the info was on a post over on the RCMF forum.

All hail Mark 'tree cutter' Hinton!!!!

He put on a sterling display with several of his aircraft, one of which got a teeny weeny bit close to a tree but came away unscathed. Phew! Sir, you are a star.

The weather came good and there was some great flying by all who took part. The number of traders was down from last year, but that was to be expected.

The best display for me was the 1/2 scale Bleriot Monoplane. It handled the nasty crosswind with disdain. A fantastic piece of flying.

Well that's one take on it. Mine is:

There were practically no traders for RC stuff there, no fuel no balsa, no inwoods, no nexus, no BMFA stand, nothing. Sterling effort from the few pilots who did display, but there were precious few of the "super" models, just the Bleriot, Steve Carr's Sukhoi and the large Christen Eagle. Lots of models didn't fly at all. Generally I got the impression that I'd just paid £9 to go and watch other folk fly around when they could be coerced to do so. There was no end of desperate calls on the PA for pilots to fly. Yes there was a howling crosswind, but those that did fly managed fine.

In summary, not really a "model air show", but YMMV.

Just my opinion, sadly face 7

My Dad went today, and I was going to go tomorrow and meet him up there. He suggested it was not worth the 2 hours trip each way. Not happy about it as I have been looking forward to it. I also need a few things including fuel. A shame circumstances seem to have worked against the show by the sound of it.