HobbyKing No Fuss Returns

I ordered a couple of touch screen chargers from HobbyKing to go with the identical IMax touch screen charger I already had. At under £14 in the sale these were really good value.

On arrival it was clear one had been opened and returned. The warning seal had been removed, and the plastic covering the touch screen had been removed. This charger did not work, the screen was frozen.

Already somewhat annoyed at being sold a reject, I duly returned it. After 10 days I had to contact HobbyKing as it was still not showing as having been received. Today, some 5 weeks after returning the charger, I had to use the chat line again to get a response and a replacement charger.

I now understand what they mean "No fuss returns". ... You return it and HobbyKing can't be fussed to do anything about it.

Advert

LOL ,

I remember when i made my 1st order with hobby king as a tester of there service i only ordered one of each of the items i wanted .

Well when i received my very 1st order i was excited to see what goodies i had actually received , and to my disappointment there was something missing , now the item in question was very small and was heavily discounted .

So wasn't too worried but i did go through the right channels . first of all take a picture of the damaged/ wrong part ,

Well it wasn't there so i took a picture of the box and all the contents and attached a email explaining what was missing .

I waited

And i waited

and i waited

then weeks went by

months went by,

Then 3 months later i received an email stating that my complaint had been processed and that my item had been dispatched .

Needless to say i had totally forgot what it was . 

And sure enough a couple of days later i received my package a standard box you know the one .

And guess what was inside this large box , a nine eagles 1s 180Ma battery which they could of sent to me in a jiffy bag as it was sent from there uk warehouse indecision

Result thumbs up Yay.

Steve.

Edited By Stephen Jones on 27/07/2015 18:17:07

My experience has been the complete opposite.

I ordered a £50 touch screen charger which upon 1st use the display disappeared after a few minutes.

I contacted HK who asked me to fill out a rma form with pictures and video (uploaded to youtube). Within a day I had a reply back saying a replacement was on its way. This arrived within a day and seems fine. I also asked when they were going to collect the faulty one. I had a reply saying keep it for spares or repair it.

I think this is exceptional service which most shops wouldn't offer.

Hi I bought some Fr-Sky Rx's from hobbyking global warehouse last year. Three were all new sealed in their packs but the third was an earlier version that HK didn't even list anymore and it had obviously been opened ! I contacted them via the chat line and was advised to return item .Their return procedure was so complicated ,costly and time consuming that i didn't bother. I suggested to them that the rx was a returned item but no comment ! The rx did/does work fine but when you order the mk2 version you dont expect the mk1 antique version. I only use the UK warehouse now but am disappointed that the range is so limited compared to the global equivalent.

**LINK**

The return details are a bit tortuous I agree, but my experience is that if you follow the procedure exactly, then things work out OK but might take a bit longer than we might like. Don't forget that items bought from the global warehouse can be returned to Ipswich.

So called 'No Fuss' returns refer to items being returned unpacked/unused - 'other returns' are what we will most likely use, referring to DOAs or being unhappy with the item after use.

Edited By Cuban8 on 28/07/2015 11:19:55

I ordered two Lipo batteries, a 10S 5000 mah and 4S 2200 mah The package from the UK warehouse contained the 10S only. I suggested that a check of the UK warehouse inventory would confirm whether the 4S battery had been sent or not. I also met the HobbyKink return requirements.

After weeks of argument HobbyKing assured me that they were investigating the shortfall but that it would take some considerable time. I therefore entered a Paypal dispute with them. I never received satisfaction from HobbyKing but to their credit Paypal reimbursed me with the cost of the battery. I will continue to buy only batteries from HK because they are cheap and I have had no performance problems with them. However I will pay by credit card as Paypal is an agent so there is no redress, even though in this case they were very helpful.

Edited By Martin Johnson on 28/07/2015 12:47:29

I ordered 2 red brick 70 amp secs ... The first worked ok and continues to this day after 18months.

The second would not right from the start ... Not a thing, no noise no lights or rx power up..

Straight on the HK chat and within 5 mins a reply, from a call centre who knows where... To cut the story short , followed the process and vid upload ( bit of a pain) but then no argument from HK and a new esc was sent..

No complaints and it seems to work, many orders later and still satisfied, fast and good cost..

Steve

Edited By Steve Jones 2 on 28/07/2015 16:27:35

• 5 months later...

Another thumbs down for HK customer service, gladly not to me. My wingman flying buddy recently bought the HK BFG 2600 glider during the sale. As per many others there were defects and after contact it was duly returned with a promise that a replacement would be sent out. Wingman then received points rather than a refund as the model has been discontinued. Wingman tried to have the defective one sent back as a compromise but despite HK failing to keep their side of the bargain, weren't interested as it was not "company policy" to send back goods.

Back to square one with essentially a credit note rather than a refund. It seems that HK are very aware of their poor service but don't care as there are plenty of customers. I must say that this has put me off HK for good now as the money you may have saved in the past will be wiped out but defective goods and little support.

Dealing with my LMS seems a much better idea, you may pay extra but any problems are normally sorted.

same experience as Gavin Mac , excellent.! followed their long winded procedure , sent them a photo as requested , and a replacement was sent the same day .They could not have handled it better ,

Same excellent service I have had from Ali !

But one other biggish British name accused me of photoshopping the photos I sent , never got reimbursed so I dont use him any more ,

Trust these days is getting very rare

cheers

If you buy from a UK supplier then you're covered by distance selling regulations. If you buy from HK then your money goes to China and your goods are sent via an intermediary in the UK, even if you buy from that warehouse. Note that the parcels come from Lucky Stuff Ltd. If you want UK regs, buy from a UK shop.

I think it,s worth bearing in mind how little we pay for our goodies now,back in the 80,s I paid about £30 each for 20gr sevos and now 12gr metal gear ones are under a fiver and are probably more powerful. If they are going in something expensive try them in a foamy first as a test and if not up to scratch bin them or leave them in situ.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again. Got a ducted fan as a present. Once assembled and radio installed I realised ducted fan was in backwards. Took photos, and went through usual Hobbyking returns process.

ducted fan.jpg

Looking down the rear of the plane, the ducted fan reversal is plain for all to see.

Then contacted chat line:

Tina: Welcome to HobbyKing Live Chat Support. This is Tina assisting you. How may I help you?

me: I put in claim for a faulty item a week ago. I included photographs etc. Since then I have heard nothing.

Tina: Thank you for raising this matter into our attention. I am sorry to hear that your concern is about your warranty claim. For clarification, are you referring to this order number 2******?

me: Yes.

Tina: Let me go ahead to check it and see what I can do.

me: Thanks.

Tina: Thank you for waiting. Regarding that, you need to send back the whole item since our warranty department need to further inspect the item.

me: I cannot send back a fully assembled foam ducted fan model.

Tina: One moment please.

Tina: Thank you for waiting. Regarding that, you need to dis assembled that so you can return it.

me: Again I cannot disassemble it as it has been glued together as per instructions. I have sent photographs which clearly show the ducted fan has been fitted backwards. I would have to cut it into pieces, and then there is no guarantee that my money would be refunded.

me: I am sorry for the inconvenience but regarding that, we need to request the part in our supplier and it takes 2-4 weeks.

me: What part?

Tina: The ducted fan.

me: The ducted fan works. As I said in my claim it has been mounted back to front. This was fitted in the factory, and cannot be turned round without cutting the model up as it is glued inside the fuselage. Trying to replace it would almost certainly damaging the model beyond repair. It either needs a full replacement kit, or a refund.

Tina: I am sorry but if you want a replacement for the whole plane, you need to send back the whole item.

me: How ludicrous! Is somebody going to send me a box large enough to pack it in together with sufficient packing material to prevent damage?

Tina: I am sorry for the inconvenience but that is the best thing on your warranty claim that you need to send back the item.

me: So where do I get a large enough box and all the packing materials from?

Tina: I understand how you feel right now but you need to send it back that item.

me: Utterly ludicrous!

Tina: I know where you are coming from and how difficult it has been for you.

Edited By Andy48 on 21/01/2016 18:51:57

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 21/01/2016 18:57:09

Interesting: Section 48B Sale of Goods Act:

If the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must—

(a)repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience to the buyer;

(b)bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

I have raised a formal complaint with Hobbyking. Clearly they are breaking the law.

Edited By Andy48 on 21/01/2016 20:09:40

Well finally got a refund, well not exactly a refund, but a credit on my account as the ducted fan is no longer stocked (wonder why???)

Wrote to MD of Hobbyking in the end. His email is [email protected]

The moral of all this, is firstly get your facts right and be sure of your entitlement under the law, and secondly be persistent.

The irony of all this is that actually sorting out packaging is not really a problem for me. I live next door to a small business that recycles cardboard boxes and packaging materials. Its the principle however, Hobbyking don't know my circumstances and should meet their legal obligations. It would have been different if they had offered to pay for the cost of packaging. Even then I'm not sure their carrier would have accepted such a large package.

Edited By Andy48 on 22/01/2016 10:56:58

I too had an F22 with the fan reversed , I just took it out and turned it round , less hassle .

The photo of the fan has me perplexed ???? Its of the rear of the installed fan , and says looking down the rear ???

If it was looking down the front , t would be wrong .

puzzled Pete ?? what have I missed