Bend me..... Bend me!

Wiltshire Flyer

well I finally gave in and bought an Irvine super z bender from my LMS.

At 51 odd quid I'd always seen it as expensive for the few times I use it, in the past the thought of making a Z bend with pliers made me shudder, so I used to buy various clips etc....

But I bit the bullet yesterday and bought a dedicated tool.

Wow! So accurate and easy! Safe to say my workshop is now full of z bent wires lol

Advert

Posted by john stones 1 on 14/08/2015 18:18:49:

Good tools make job better n more enjoyable W.F, I bought one of these a long time ago, got to bite the bullet and buy some Permagrip yet though embarrassed

John

Did you mean Permagrit or are your teeth falling out wink

My Permagrit tools are about the most used items after a knife in my workshop.

Are the Irvine Z benders any different to those of other makes or any better? Are they better than those sold by HobbyKing at 4.48?

I have to say the Permagrit 140mm Wedge block is the most used tool, while the other Permagrit slotters etc are less useful. ( to me) So just invest in that Wedge Block.

Posted by john stones 1 on 14/08/2015 18:18:49:

Good tools make job better n more enjoyable W.F, I bought one of these a long time ago, got to bite the bullet and buy some Permagrip yet though embarrassed

John

I think my set of Permagrits that I bought 15 or so years ago have been the best investment ever. I'm not easily impressed and am very suspicious of gimmicks, but once you've used Permagrits you'll never (well, not very often) pick up a sheet of sandpaper again. They don't seem to generate so much dust either, oddly enough.

Also much better than a Dremel for cutting out access panels in cowls etc.IMHO

Edited By Cuban8 on 14/08/2015 21:14:47