Hobby King Yak 73"

Rich too

Advert

Thanks guys, its slowly getting there, two steps for, one back at the moment !

I have another issue. The wing is held in place by four M6 bolts, two forward of the wing tube, and two behind - only two plastic bolts were supplied but blind nuts are in place. The trouble is the forward bolts are obscured by the tank when it is installed making it nigh on impossible to fit the bolts!!

So, in the instructions (which are borrowed from a similar model), it mentions threaded pins fitted to the wings , that pass into the fuselage and are retained by R clips - good idea but where do I get them from???

Much appreciated.

Edited By Rich2 on 25/04/2016 06:39:28

• 4 weeks later...

I used the clevice pins and they are great. I don't know why they are not used more, much better than bolts. I glued them into the blind nuts using gorilla glue.

I have another issue. I am using two switches and batteries, tech aero ibec, twin elevator servos and I am out of channels on the receiver! I am one short.

What do people do? Buy a receiver with more channels or buy a much cheaper electronic servo mixer for the elevator?

Posted by Rich2 on 22/05/2016 20:07:38:

I have a Futaba 7c transmitter, am I right in thinking that I need a FASST receiver? An 8 ch FASST receiver is the best part of £100!!!

Try T9 hobbies and have an FrSky tfr8 FASST

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 25/04/2016 09:23:06:

Do you know anyone who could cross drill and thread a piece of 6mm round steel? Could you cut the head off 6mm bolt and cross drill it to take an R clip?

If you can't drill or get them drilled cut grooves in them and use the clips round the outside. There are other types of clip that could be used in this way

Here's a thing Rich, I was in a similar situation as you a few years back with a Futaba 7C and how to set up elevators on bigger applications. As you have found out that with some makes of servos no matter how you turn them, if you use 2 servos and a y-lead they still never operate in the same sense. Next I used a servo reverser, unsuccessfully I might add, purely because the two identical servos get to the end of their travel at a fractionally different speed. And of course one failed. Not good for precise aeros. Next I used just one powerful servo and set up a pull/pull arrangement much like a rudder but with two wires per elevator. Better, but really fiddly to set up and cable holes have to be added to the fuz side along with a different horn arrangement. I then bowed to the inevitable and bought a new TX the Futaba 14SG which had the required number a channels and the programming facility for dual elevators that the 7C doesn't possess to do the job properly. Sounds a bit over the top on the expense, but setting up 2 elevator servos is a dream now! Hope that helps mate.

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 23/05/2016 07:17:27:

Here's a thing Rich, I was in a similar situation as you a few years back with a Futaba 7C and how to set up elevators on bigger applications. As you have found out that with some makes of servos no matter how you turn them, if you use 2 servos and a y-lead they still never operate in the same sense. Next I used a servo reverser, unsuccessfully I might add, purely because the two identical servos get to the end of their travel at a fractionally different speed. And of course one failed. Not good for precise aeros. Next I used just one powerful servo and set up a pull/pull arrangement much like a rudder but with two wires per elevator. Better, but really fiddly to set up and cable holes have to be added to the fuz side along with a different horn arrangement. I then bowed to the inevitable and bought a new TX the Futaba 14SG which had the required number a channels and the programming facility for dual elevators that the 7C doesn't possess to do the job properly. Sounds a bit over the top on the expense, but setting up 2 elevator servos is a dream now! Hope that helps mate.

Thanks Adrian. The Y lead for the batteries will provide the solution this time, but the 14SG has been on my wish list for some time!! wink