Chris's Bella Ballerina HD

McG 6969

Good on you for having a go Chris.
Don't forget the big picture my friend.

Just remember....It is possible.....just not in a way you know yet!

I bet if you sit the fuselage on your wing, it'll be alot further along than you think. Rosco

Edited By Rosco on 19/02/2017 00:30:34

Advert

Thank you all for your encouragements, gents.

@ Simon & Andy > it surely seems that our respective dads had a large influence on us. And I guess that your Depron builds are a lot easier to carry than a collection of good ol' Singers. In fact, I always admired those steam models, Andy. So don't try to bring me in temptation, please. surprise

@ Stuart > My double problem is that I don't have a loft in La Grotte and I didn't even learn to 'fly' yet... blush

@ Rosco > Good point, young man. I will bring the wing and the fuse together very soon now I hope. But first I have to sort out all those 'servo connection' horns, clevises and other little thingies which I have never done before either. Then try to align the wing properly and finally have that 'bench flying'. yes

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Bench Flying Control

Hello again gents,

Being Bella’s Official Weight Manager, Rosco’s desire is my command, so I did put aside the servos stuff and started to prepare the Ballerina for a very first ‘bench flying’ session. yes

Luckily enough, I managed to find back all the bits and pieces quite easily, but I must admit that I had to cheat a bit as the wing seat at the fuselage hasn’t been adjusted yet and there are of course no wing bolts present yet. But some bits of foam and a few hidden Duplos underneath the wing could hold everything more or mess ‘together’. blush

2206_benchflying01_900.jpg

2210_benchflying02_900.jpg

As Pierre the Driver isn’t still back from his winter holiday in Biarritz, Gaston was proud enough to play the part of the PIC.

He seemed right away quite impressed by the - totally innocently, of course - increased wingspan if compared to Peter’s original wing plan.

2215_bench_wingspan_900.jpg

2217_benchflying03_900.jpg

Regarding the wing span, I must say that I was a bit surprised as well. It’s only an increase of 90mm but it really appears ‘a lot’ larger. Maybe the shape of the wing tips is adding to the feeling as well, but anyway I’m pleased with Bella’s ‘Gastonheimer’ tips.

Since they went in storage quite a while ago, I also got the feeling that the turboprop exhausts were a bit more rusted, but since they are made of stainless steel, that must be an illusion… angel

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Exhaust Rust Control

Hello everybody,

I would like to thank you all, guys... for your kind and encouraging words.

It certainly means a huge 'mojo boost' for me. Thank you for bringing up the idea, Rosco.

Does it really sounds very stupid if I don't know the meaning of "RFI pics" ? ... blush

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR "RFI" Control

Posted by john stones 1 on 26/02/2017 15:00:44:

Thought it was "ready for Iris" wink

John

Haha John, The world isn't ready for Iris. Poor Chris isn't even 'ready for Iris'. Let be his awesome flying machine... And I am not ready for it either...

I liked the bench flying pictures though. Good job Chris!

Have a great Sunday evening everyone,

- Iris

Come on Chris, you and Gaston have made such a tremendous effort to make this beautiful model, you cant stop now. I have been following the build since the start, just didnt have anything to contribute so didnt post anything, but I have learnt a lot from your work. Dont know how much I will carry over to my own builds, but those exhausts, I have to copy them soon ......

Hello everybody,

Thank you for the kind words, lads & laddies.

... and The LotH is right (again)... very often I'm not even "ready' for Iris"...

@ David > please feel free to 'copy' whatever you like. And those turboprop thingies are really worth making as they give a 'special touch' to your cowling.

@ Mark > how is your Ballerina doing? Did you have some progress with the white & transparent blue covering?

I had some progress at La Grotte today with the adjustment of the wing to the fuse, but forgot to take the camera back home. frown

As I'm very near to install the servos, I have a question, please.

I have a servo tester - still in the blister packaging though angel - which seems to need a 5V input.

I also have a 5V power supply for a toy-ish foam cutter but it is only rated at 1,5 A.

As many BECs rated at 3A seem to be supporting up to 4 servos, can I use that 1,5A for testing?

Or is there a better/easier way?

Thanks in advance & hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Amps Control

Hi Chris, for testing servos one at a time ( as normally done with a servo tester) yes a small 5V 1.5A DC supply will work fine, just get the polarity correct. Alternatively use a low cost 4.8V to 6V receiver pack or 4x AA battery holder with servo plug attached.

I personally use an old 4x AA NiMh rechargeable pack (4.8V) for doing servo testing and powering up receivers etc,

e.g

**LINK**

or

**LINK**

Thank you both for your help, gents.

How is your Ballerina going on, Wolston?

At the moment, I don’t have any Lipos available. Sorry, Steven.

I’m only looking for a temporary solution to get on with the Bella installation as The LotH proposed to invest in a ‘super-deluxe’ adjustable bench power supply as a present for my birthday anniversary… which happens to be… tomorrow. cake cocktail cocktail ...

Unfortunately our Asian friends didn’t seem to have exactly the same calendar priority, so the delivery will be for ‘some time’ later on. frown

Meanwhile, I found an old TomTom 5V-DC wall charger rated at 2A & some female 2,54mm PCB connectors today in one of my junk-boxes, so I guess I’m on my way now.

Merci & Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Power Control