Kit builders, what would you like???

Advert

Posted by David P Williams on 10/02/2017 11:26:09:

That's great Paul. I'm just at the glass cloth covering stage with mine, hope I can finish it as well as yours.

David

I hope you try the panelling it's easier than you think!

(says me )

It just takes nerve to draw the first line....

After that you can always paint over any mistakes.

Looks lovely, another way to achieve this effect very cheaply is to buy a carpenters pencil, strip back the wood and shave the graphite in to powder. Then get your finger dirty and with masking tape in place, gently wipe the dirty finger in the direction of airflow, away from the edge of the tape.

Posted by Daren Graham - Cambria Funfighters on 10/02/2017 15:29:21:

Looks lovely, another way to achieve this effect very cheaply is to buy a carpenters pencil, strip back the wood and shave the graphite in to powder. Then get your finger dirty and with masking tape in place, gently wipe the dirty finger in the direction of airflow, away from the edge of the tape.

Nice one.

Come-on guys spill all the beans I got a 110 in the pipeline and this noob is ready to learn.

Just excuse me while I take another look at my handy work..... again wink

Hi Chaps

Just finished cutting the first decal sets we are going to offer for the Bf 110. These are all scaled for Richards Model and will appear at WarbirdReplicas shop in the decal section. Where there is a coloured letter as in U8GL and 3UKT a black G & K are supplied for the underside of the wing. So 5 different sets have been selected but we can deal with changes like U8HL and so on. Let me know what you think.

Glynn

cross.jpgcodes.jpg

Richard had to go to Norfolk today to meet with the kit cutter and while he was out he asked me to check in on the boys who had been asked to crack on with the tail feathers of the 110, for the manual .

To be honest , they were quite hostile . I pointed out that Richard wasn’t going to be impressed and that they didn’t seem to be taking the job seriously ,whereupon I received a torrent of abuse (no doubt fuelled by the sugar high they had ingested).

Richard will be back in the driving seat tomorrow so no doubt progress will resume .

I’m just sorry that you had to see this ugly side of the business .

graham and sweep.jpg

Posted by Glynn on 15/02/2017 20:43:57:

Richard had to go to Norfolk today to meet with the kit cutter and while he was out he asked me to check in on the boys who had been asked to crack on with the tail feathers of the 110, for the manual .

To be honest , they were quite hostile . I pointed out that Richard wasn’t going to be impressed and that they didn’t seem to be taking the job seriously ,whereupon I received a torrent of abuse (no doubt fuelled by the sugar high they had ingested).

Richard will be back in the driving seat tomorrow so no doubt progress will resume .

I’m just sorry that you had to see this ugly side of the business .

graham and sweep.jpg

Ha! I love it

Posted by onetenor on 15/02/2017 22:06:31:

If you want to be purist repaint the underside the correct shade .Yours is close but no right. The official colour is known as Sky type S and is damned hard to get right.Very nice build though well done

I dont know, it looks pretty accurate to me, and i found the sky colour from kings lynn models was very accurate when i painted my sea fury

I agree , Hard to catch Paul out , he's a stickler for detail.

Hey !!!! 110 fans . cheeky

Got your attention !!!

We need to start thinking about the composition of your kits .

It seems that almost everyone is going for early versions ,( either Battle of Britain or North Africa/Med)

Unless I hear otherwise , all will go out with early style cowls .

You need to think about saying electric or IC . Since formers will be different.

We are making some ally spinners for the above version as the are ....weird .

We have made the heavy duty retracts which should prove to be really tough , E flight would be my other choice

Cheaper stuff doesnt really hold up . Our sets will be about £69 /pair plus £28 per pair of oleos . I have some wheels too . You dont have to have the oleos . Wire is still ok .

We have stocks of the Brushless motors as fitted to our Spitfire . Also 3 blade props to suit .

So maybe we should discuss the merits of IC verses Electric to help people on the fence ?

To start the ball rolling , - I fly both , have done for years . I'm not a hotshot pilot .

The electric model will get used more , It will not shake itself to pieces . It will stay in pristine condition . You can play taxiing without fear of flame out . Sound systems add even more value . If you havent flown a twin before ,electric will probably be exciting enough as the model has real presence . No fuel proof required so very matt paint jobs look great .

If you are a little more adventurous . Twin Fourstrokes do make a fantastic sound . It does bring out the hooligan in you, so beware . They dont really like 3 blade props of a decent size so static looks will be compromised . You could convert your electric 110 to IC at a later stage ( quite easy ) .