Dave Smith Models

Adam Colins 2

Hi everyone

I am trying to locate Dave Smith Models kits. I believe they were sold off to Marvic Models. Any information you could provide would be much appreciated.

Even if I can locate the tooling to reproduce the kits. Any information on the location of the templates or tooling would be great.

Thanks
Adam

Sounds like a good deal, I've had the DSM SAPHIR & Joker and still have a Joker (59"inch span) to build.

The kit builds easily and the finished job flies well. Mine used an OS 61 pumper and were very capable models. Sadly the pumper is a box of bits at the moment.

Smart Move! RIP!

smart move without cowl..jpg

...but I'm not really fussy. The Dalotel, Saphir or Aerostar would do but I'd be particularly interested in one designed for a 60 sized engine or larger. Regret no plans, I don't think there was much of a plan with DSM kits as so much was already cut out.

Sorry double post! blush. Mods please remove the first post.

Edited By David Davis on 18/06/2016 16:09:44

Posted by CARPERFECT on 18/06/2016 23:19:28:

Dave Smith Areostar 62 on the bmfa for sales. £50 bnib. Been on a week. I thought it would have gone as soon as.

Damn! I'm not a current member of the BMFA so can't register! I retired to rural France last year!

Adam, a Dalotel will suit me fine. 60-90 size. I have several suitable engines but a Laser 80 which I bought nib off eBay a couple of years ago is leading my current choices.

Posted by Adam Colins 2 on 18/06/2016 23:09:16:
Hi all

I think I will look at kitting the dalotel first.any takers for this kit.

I am open to suggestions or ideas

Would you go foam or built up wing? I quite fancied one last year but not enough for a full on plan build. A kit could tempt me. I have retracts to hand...

I used to have the smaller Sapir 25 with an Irvine Q40 in it and it was absolutely superb as a small club flier. So good in fact that I flew it so much that I wore 2 motors out!.

I also have a "Smart move" with an OS 91 2 stoke in it , well it did have until I took it out to use in my "Pacemaker".

I use the "Pacemaker" now because it flies slower and I believe better. I also thought the "Smart move" was a little too new.

Minty

Already got plans drawn up for the Dalotel and Baby Dalotel. Just not had chance to go any further for various reasons. They were excellent fliers during the day, Graham Briggs (co-designer) flew one in a World Championships. I'll look again at them later on this year.

Steve

PS so many designs I've drawn up to bring them up to date, don't know where to start first!!!!!!!