Petrol glow plug

bert baker

Advert

Hi all - So far tried in an few engines which all worked on petrol however on the ones I have tried, Ervine 37 and Saito together with an ASP F/S - I could either get the top end or bottom end running but no matter how I tried BOTH seemed impossible on the standard glo fuel needle as one click on its position would be either too much or too little so unless your lucky like I was (see my video post here of an engine which does run fine on petrol).

if you can get a new needle turned up with a real shallow needle you maybe disappointed but its always worth a try.

This has got to be a great way for experimentation however the cost to make / market them by anyone could prove to be too high to be feasible as the range of needles to stock is not just a couple of sizes... (shame). sad

Regards Peter

just tried the os g5 plug in my little chippy,its running a asp 91 4 stroke on petrol at the moment giving good results but with the new plug it was hard just to keep it running,below half throttle it just didnt want to run,its got extra head gaskets to lower the compresion so i assume thats not helping,more experimenting needed.

• 3 years later...

I fancy trying this, what is the best mix of petrol / oil to start with please?. I guess i would have to replace all the piping with petrol safe and what about thanks??. Also in one issue of RCM&E there was an article on glow plugs which implied? that you could use an ordinary 4 stroke plug in this way?. Has anybody tried it ??.surprise

• 2 weeks later...