Futaba 6EX exchange programme

David Ashby - Moderator

Advert

Changed mine !, Shop wanted my battery first or no Exchange , Then changed their mind !, But i had take my battery out then put in new case, I will not shop there again , Like you Rob all my setting out abit on all models ! Back to happy flying !

Well my model shop (Lancaster Model & Hobby World) haven't received anything from Ripmax yet, so no replacement TX for me. Still I've copied all my model settings into an excel spreadsheet in readiness. If anybody wants a copy of the spreadsheet to enter their own settings they are welcome to a copy, just private message me and I'll e-mail it. If anyone knows how to attach it for download I'll do that as well Its only good for ACRO settings, someone else will have to do the HELI version I'm afraid.

Tom 

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine Saturday, model shop owner didn't seem very pleased, but then again I never buy much off him as he never has what I want in stock. Still I try to support ny LMS  Radio works fine, spent about 15 minutes re-programming it, its quite a good excercise as I noticed that some of my setups were not as good as they could be, so I'll be re-jigging the pushrods to neutralise the servos and getting the best efficiency out of the servo throw. The only thing I forgot was to re-bind the TX, but that was soon sorted down the field after I had found a small twig which could depress the tiny button on the RX (didn't bring any tools, just batteries)

Flies fine.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
TaZ wrote (see
)
Changed mine !, Shop wanted my battery first or no Exchange , Then changed their mind !, But i had take my battery out then put in new case, I will not shop there again , Like you Rob all my setting out abit on all models ! Back to happy flying !

No surprise there was some confusion due the way it was implemented!!!!

Seems to me that in moving the battery across from old to new the shop you are calling was doing the right thing as per the Ripmax instructions to them and published process, so don't take issue with them!!!!

I always use photocopies of the form in the rear of the instructions (you lot DO read the instructions??  ), so already had a sheet for each plane to duplicate settings exactly.........................6 models moved across, not a single click required to retrim

David Ashby wrote (see
 )
I'm always forgetting to bind and then struggle to get at the bind button when the RX is in the model. I picked up my replacement last week, all is well.

The Bind button is very badly placed on an end, as most are forced to keep the top of the Rx clear due the plugs/leads, IMO it would have been better there.

I can understand that inadvertent operation while in flight might have dire consequences (!) , but with the usual need to make the aerial stretch outside a Fus the button/aerial end is usually right against something, so did it HAVE to be there............

AND.......................when ARE they going to produce a small end plug narrow unit ..............

Don't give up Myron, then I'll be the only awkward one..................

You think FASST replacement is a pain, wait till you try getting "diseasel" fuel!!

My LMS has several replacement Tx's that the people have not collected (after weeks)...............Just goes to show....................