Horizon Hobbies

I needed a new antenna for an RX. I contacted the British number for HH,and it was explained that now this would have to be sent to the German address, which was provided. A couple of days after sending it, I got an email saying they would fix it, and send it back, which they quickly did.

There was no charge, even though the damage to the antenna was my fault.

This sort of outstanding service is something that needs to be both encouraged and supported. I will have no hesitation in using HH again.

Advert

Perhaps at least part of the issue is the dealers knowledge.

Of course HH does on the face of it select the dealer, on the basis that the business is able to support effectively its products.

Considering the apparent inability of the dealer to support you initially have they brought the issue to the attention of HH, to obtain a solution, I wonder.?

The dealer cannot support a customer if THEY cannot reach HH. They (a LARGE model retailer and major seller of HH product) were like me left support less for near a month, not even the decency of an acknowledgement.

Its a wider issue than a fix or refund. I HAVE a workround solution to a problem with the model that is affecting a fair number of people (but not all) worldwide.

I'm now after a lot of effort OK by only by my own actions without help. I can and have helped a very few others I know how to contact,

I mistakenly thought that HH might actually want to be aware of and correct something getting the product a bad name and be able to help people having this issue (which can and has caused injury, BTW!!).

Wrong................... Germany a near month to bounce it back to dealer, USA no reply.

Posted by jonryan on 04/05/2017 13:47:21:

This sort of outstanding service is something that needs to be both encouraged and supported. I will have no hesitation in using HH again.

Perhaps if they supported the right people, people (in number) with newly issued equipment that was IN warranty and clearly faulty over those freeloading, the whole system might actually work!

If anyone has so far been successful in using the HH German repair service, how did you do it? Looking at the HH website, service is given very little attention and I can see no obvious way to contact them to arrange sending an item back. Putting 'service' in the search box just returns "no subject found"surprise

Perhaps I'm missing something here?

Posted by jonryan on 04/05/2017 13:47:21:

I needed a new antenna for an RX. I contacted the British number for HH,and it was explained that now this would have to be sent to the German address, which was provided. A couple of days after sending it, I got an email saying they would fix it, and send it back, which they quickly did.

The amount they charge for some of their gear the service should be good. £15 for a servo extension lead? A AS3X receiver is £45 but then you have to buy a £20 programming lead to switch on the AS3X functionality and what they don't tell you is that if you want to upgrade the firmware you have to use the USB PC version and not the Android/Iphone version they push in the receiver manual....... so that's another £25....

Hi Trevor,

To be honest I don't worry to much about being able to "go into shop" - the nearest shop to me is 20+ miles away. - with difficult parking! As is the case for many others these days.

If you like to buy 'local' well, there are UK based online purchases possible from T9HobbySport and some others. Also large multinationals on line such as HobbyKing etc. So no problems with supply I think.

BEB

Don't misunderstand me BEB - I buy plenty on line, although I prefer to make major puchases "over the counter" as it's much simpler to get things sorted if you have a problem. I was merely trying to make a fair comparison between Spektrum and other "conventionally" distributed brands such as Futaba, Hitec, Multiplex etc. As far as I know none of them sell the equivalent of AS3X.

Notwithstanding the above, modern stuff is so reliable that I would have few qualms if I had to buy radio on line.

I do believe you are lucky if you have a model shop within a 10 to 30 miles radius today.

In my case, i understand my LMS was about 30 miles away, and has just recently shut, last month i understand. Possibly because i never went. More probably lack of modellers in the region. I do not think he was a HH agent. The next is in Blackburn, again about 30 miles, more of a materials outlet, than a shop as is Webbies. Webbies is now a +60 miles drive for me.

I do believe that the LMSs days are over from the perspective of being at the corner of the street. I think we now need to accept that much of our purchases and support is via the Internet and by post for both purchases and returns.

Greetings smiley. I need to have a Spektrum DX6 transmitter repaired. Can any kind aviator please tell me if they have successfully arranged to do something similar recently - and more importantly, let me have an email address that will enable me to arrange this. (There are acres of forum entries about Horizon Hobbies, but due to my being a bit thick, I can't see a direct answer to my question.) Yes - I could put it in the bin, or burn it, but I'd rather not, thanks yes!

Email: [email protected], or Thomas Bundt, Technischer Service: [email protected]

...and they'll advise you. In my experience, although stuff now has to go to Germany, the same outstanding Spektrum service continues.

Right, I'd better stand to one side now - I'm sure the usual Spektrum Bashers will be charging in to have their usual froth devil

Edited By jonryan on 15/05/2017 09:08:47

Hi trapper another direct email address is, [email protected]. they will advise you of the address, but please beware that it may be a while as they are getting over 200 emails a week now that the UK one is sending everything to them. I will say I have received very good service from them. Someone will disagree with this,

Chris

Jonryan sorry I have given him the same answer as you , for some reason I didn't get the first part of your reply, lol. Trapper what he has given you is the best information and the best person. I shall now go and lay down in a dark room

Chris

Thank you for the replies Jonryan and Chris. I have too many DSM/2/X receivers to be able to pay any attention to 'bashers' anyway. Things have improved a lot since my first 'Wee MacGregor' transmitter with the thermionic valve inside it. Heated debate over best brands today is bit like despising a Jaguar sports car, because One prefers to drive an Aston Martin thinking!!

Posted by Trapper on 15/05/2017 10:13:14:

Thank you for the replies Jonryan and Chris. I have too many DSM/2/X receivers to be able to pay any attention to 'bashers' anyway. Things have improved a lot since my first 'Wee MacGregor' transmitter with the thermionic valve inside it. Heated debate over best brands today is bit like despising a Jaguar sports car, because One prefers to drive an Aston Martin thinking!!

Beautifully put Sir! yes

My DX 9 had lost the sound, so I sent it for repair in Germany at the new Spektrum service center.
3 weeks later I had it again.

They had changed the motherboard and put new Liion battery in it, copied all models on a new memory card and added them again. And updated audio and software.
Price: 0 Euro

heart

Cheers

Soren

Denmark

Good one Soren. I had to email Thomas Bundt Technischer Service , and he apologised for not getting back to me sooner as he is snowed under with e-mails, the time , under 10 min. Where are all the people that want to give up on Horizon Hobby? I for one won't, not with that kind of service.

Chris