Horizon Hobbies

Advert

Posted by Denis Watkins on 12/04/2017 11:49:11:

Geoff is very knowledgeable and passionate about the hobby Govnor

And he makes it clear where his preferences lay

I prefer his style as there is no " sitting on the fence" or ambiguity from the post

Sorry, it's totally ambiguous to me...

I think Dave hit the nail on the head about drones killing big part of the hobby.

I remember my first concept 30 with mechanical gyro! tried and failed several times to fly. You really felt something being able to fly a heli. got easier and easier over the years BUT now with drones,whats the challenge.

I was in a totally unrelated shop and the guys behind the counter were talking about there drones. One said he went to the local for a quick pint in the bear garden and set his drone to follow him and film him there and back!!!! I don't think he was joking. Is this modelling? whats the fun/skill

This is only my personal opinion and not knocking drones or people using them

Posted by john stones 1 on 12/04/2017 13:54:32:

I think Geoff posted a bit of humour re expense for spares, don't require deep analysis, just a smiley wink

John

Thanks John. It was, as you imply, a financial rather than aeromodelling specific comment.

Geoff

Well, there's a surprise after the tales of non-deliveries recently. The WotsWot I ordered from the clearance list at the end of last week arrived by DPD courier this morning - postmark from Germany! I hadn't expected that until after the bank holiday - if ever.

Must put away the glue.....

Bob

Personally I have not expected that HH would not supply the goods that people have ordered, or that yesterday they had gone into administration.

What i fear, is that as a presence in the UK market place they become less relevant, slowly disappearing like the Cheshire Cat. It would not surprise me that the first manifestation will be a lower usage of Spektrum RC gear at the typical club field. The Spektrum being as relevant as my Sanwa and Waltron gear, for similar general reasons, in that support is less attractive and that market demands have moved on.

I still fly my PZ Albatross and believe it is a fine model. Burt why have I not replaced my PZ Stinson Reliant with another PZ product. Simply because they are expensive and no longer are interested in people like me with the model type selection.

Most if not all products and companies have there day in the sun, it will be a pity if HH are passing into their twilight years. As some one who thought that Graupner were great, that KK offered good value, I really want HH to remain relevant in the UK, not some remote foreign entity.

From what there is going around, I reckon HH day's are over. They don't want to deal or help with the model shops, want to go direct, without having a service/distribution network and expect to continue in business.

I reckon, it will come to a head by late summer, when they haven't sold anything, because they don't want to sell to the customer. The executive who thought this business plan up must be completely mad - no idea how to run a business. The damage is being done, maybe not too late, but every day, more comments on the forums will put people off and having no support will finish them off, I think.

Shame, I liked their products, was thinking of getting the new DX20, but now after this, and it's recall, no way. Still will keep buying their receivers and use the existing Spektrum radios, but won't buy any more. That's it.

If I see a Eflite model for sale, will buy that, but looking unlikely, as the UK model shops aren't getting any new stock in - in fact getting rid of it at reduced prices.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 15/04/2017 15:25:03

I'm still waiting to see what the output is from...

"Something Big is Coming Soon" and " A New Era Begins" which are the two big statements made by HH.

I noticed there are conflicting messages in some of this month's magazine ads with some still advising to contact HH at Harlow for retailer and service information and the eu website still defaults to a co.uk one.

I wonder if somebody from HH is following this thread ?

All very curious.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 15/04/2017 16:19:50:
Posted by Ernie on 15/04/2017 15:31:48:

......Maybe I should send them a link

ernie

Only if some people posting on here have the telephone number of a very good lawyer!

BEB

No, we should be okay, HH are living it up in Cloud Cockoo Land... smile p

When a company that makes very big and bold promises then refuses to engage with their customers then alarm bells should be ringing. I have four requests for information to HH spanning the last 6 weeks that have gone unanswered.

HH have lost sight of the real customer and have become a bit too corporate for my liking.

A fellow flyer sent his Tx off to Germany as advised by HH UK shortly before they shut down and, although the delivery was recorded by the post office, HH cannot even confirm they have received it. On his behalf, may I ask if anyone has actually had anything back from servicing in Germany yet?