Name

See link below for plan. You can check if it matches your model. Looks to me as though your model has fewer wing ribs though, so maybe it isn't a Brooks Bipe.

http://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1647

Edited By David Ovenden on 24/05/2017 22:58:04

Edited By David Ovenden on 24/05/2017 23:09:23

I know vintage designs often have forward rake on the undercarriage, but that looks extreme... Ground clearance looks marginal for the prop and fuselage underside. Is it awaiting modification/repair, or are you hoping to fly it like that? If so I suspect the take off roll may be "interesting"...! disgust

Edited By MattyB on 26/05/2017 01:01:04

Posted by Denis Watkins on 26/05/2017 05:30:31:

That U/C is on backwards Matty.

Well, it's not right, but looking at Eric's pic of the Sunday Flier, which it clearly is, even the same colours where not modded, the u/c is quite raked forwards, so reversal would also be wrong IMO.

Follow  Eric's excellent pic

Edited By Dave Bran on 26/05/2017 07:56:20

Having now seen the side view, it is definitely a 'Sunday Flier.........almost ! ' By doctoring one of the images, I was able to clearly define the correct no.of rib bays both wings, position of the top/bottom struts, the span-wise 1/8th square x 3 on upper surface LE of the wings. In another shot, the 1/8th sq. stringers on the turtle deck are clearly visible and the vert, stab. shape is a dead giveaway. Tip shapes and structure correspond. HOWEVER, the black part of the fwd fuselage and the red part above it are NOT per the original. Neither is the under carriage correct . It doesn't look quite long enough. The 'proper' assy. does place the main wheels CL about 71/4" in FRONT of the lower wing L.E. and approx. 41/4" UNDER the lower surface of the lower wing. That's what the plan I have in front of me shows folks ! nerd Dave B, I have been feeling a bit as your Avatar shows !

Edited By ERIC CLAPHAM on 26/05/2017 08:11:25

I get the feeling that the U/c has been crushed down forcing it to spread and rake further forward then design.A little brute force and ignorance needed I think to bend it inwards and back If you look carefully you'll see that it is not sitting square on it's legs, Drunken would be an old description that fits. Maybe something fell on it

As others - definitely a Sunday Flyer.

The undercarriage is missing a curved cross brace and yes squashed down which is probably due to the fact the original undercarriage ends were located in tubes passing through the fuz and only secured with glue not clamps. If no or little glue in the tubes they swivel very easily hence the squat appearance. Ace

sunday f 1.jpg