Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.

You’re making good progress on the 109 Paul. It looks a lot less work than the 110. I am enjoying your build thread and I guess that you will the fountain of knowledge on the WR 109. What a responsibility 🤗 👏

I haven’t heard anything more about the other 109’s fledging their Essex nest. I guess that it won’t be long now.

My 110 has ground to a halt as its awaiting a paint job. It’s A bit cold to spray outside at the moment.

Advert

I know all the chaps on the list of old , grand lads to the man .

It might be worth pinging me a Pm saying roughly what you want . The prices are broadly similar to our Spit but I dont Think its fair to the Forum management to start quoting numbers.

Equally if I put them on the website , I dont want some "Johnny come lately" , trying to steal a kit from one of my lads.

Best for everyone to send a PM saying full name and address , plus phone , and roughly what you want so we can be at least in the ball park .

We are thinking kit /retracts/ props /spinners/decals /pilots

Richard

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 14/12/2017 06:20:59:
Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 13/12/2017 21:35:59:

Richard

Hell I forgot to order me a Richard.....what choice of size and colour does it come in.....?

What would you use one of these for?

A "Richard " is available, but at great expense . It consists of a small plasticine man like Tony Harts "Morph".

He stays in the box with the 109 and builds it from inside . A bit like a hanger . You feed him chocolate biscuits and try not to upset him .

Ive only ever sent one out ,but the recipient couldn't keep pace with the biscuit demand and it turned very nasty .

Apparently it was a bit like the scene when Marty Feldman use to take a large wicker basket to the vets , Which nobody would put their hand in . The only things that came out , were shredded

R ( the larger)

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 14/12/2017 06:20:59:
Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 13/12/2017 21:35:59:

Richard

Hell I forgot to order me a Richard.....what choice of size and colour does it come in.....?

Sadly I made the big mistake of getting a Far East clone of a little R it really did not end well but they have rebuilt me now!🤪🤣

It did also have the charge socket and on/off switch in a very unusual place😏

Posted by Ron Gray on 18/12/2017 23:00:37:

I’ve opened the box for initial inspection! My building schedule is, LA-7 by mid Jan, Grumpy TC by end Feb, then it’s either the 109 or the 110. I want to get the Grumpy done before the 110 as I want to fly another twin first so it makes sense to build that next.

Mmmmm... getting any sleep between now and March?

Hi Chaps , the 109s are filtering through to people now , so the thread may liven up a bit .

A few people have asked me about the sound system .In many ways, the 109 is ideal for it . There is not the usual tail heavy problem associated with Spitfires and that means we have more options with where to put it .

On my one (shown a few pages back ) you can see the video of it flying past , The oil cooler radiator under the chin drops out like the base of a lift complete with the Mr RC sound unit and speaker . I think the whole thing weighs about 4-5 oz , which the 109 completely ignores .

The current draw is tiny and it just piggy backs off the main motor wires . The start up and running sounds are actual Daimler Benz V12 . The unit itself only has two plugs . One is for power , the other for a Y lead from the ESC .

Andrew at Mr RC sound is a very nice chap and very helpful . If you do contact him mention us and what we are doing . It wont do you any harm .

I would suggest that you make the actual unit removable (velcro is fine) . That way you can have sound in you 109 one week and Spitfire the next !

Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 19/12/2017 15:04:56:.

I would suggest that you make the actual unit removable (velcro is fine) . That way you can have sound in you 109 one week and Spitfire the next !

What. Spitfire with a Daimler Benz V12.whatever next? A bf109 with a Merlin.🙄

Edited By Graham R on 19/12/2017 16:56:15