Large Model of a - Flair Pupeteer

John Emms 1

Advert

Amazing value ... for the seller! Actually the wingspan for a Puppeteer is 60" rather than 58" but I see both have a Flair 'Albert' pilot fitted. No mention of what engine is fitted to either model though the DVIII has a four stroke of some sort.

Will anyone pay almost £1000 for what seem to be quite nice models but grossly overpriced?

Geoff

Cymaz, it depends on the model rather than just the scale. Ian Redshaw's HP42 is a pretty sizeable model with 4 23cc Zenoah engines but it's only 1/6th scale Though I agree with you in this case. I regard a 60" was as medium sized and about the size I like for an everyday model.

Geoff

The D3, of course, has a four stroke engine, but it looks like the Pup was built purely as a static model. I was left thinking that I have seen far nicer Pupeteers, and I have flown a far nicer Pupeteer! Thinking about this shortly after I started the thread, I am convinced these descriptions are illegal, as the D111 is quite clearly nothing like a D111, and the Pupeteer was always intended as a Pup like sports model.

I suspect these will end up on the wall of an upmarket pub somewhere (I always cringe when I see less than good models displayed this way), and yes, the antiques and curios market is, thankfully, very different to our own....

Posted by Paul james 8 on 23/10/2017 12:31:56:

Mein Gott!!!! Which dastardly deedster has made a Flair Puppeteer and fitted German crosses!!

Can't see the D3 on his listings, just the two Pups?

EXACTLY! He (or she) is saying that the red Pupeteer is a scale model of a Fokker D111. I would have really struggled to find a German WW1 bipe with a radial engine, and I am sure the D111 must be the only one - and with wing warping too.

Posted by John Emms 1 on 23/10/2017 19:01:43:
Posted by Paul james 8 on 23/10/2017 12:31:56:

Mein Gott!!!! Which dastardly deedster has made a Flair Puppeteer and fitted German crosses!!

Can't see the D3 on his listings, just the two Pups?

EXACTLY! He (or she) is saying that the red Pupeteer is a scale model of a Fokker D111. I would have really struggled to find a German WW1 bipe with a radial engine, and I am sure the D111 must be the only one - and with wing warping too.

You've got me confused now....I thought the red Pup was listed as an Albatross?? wink

Posted by Peter Miller on 24/10/2017 08:37:59:

The red Pup/Fokker/Albatross does actually have ailerons. The UK Pup needs some work with a heat gun on a wing tip and rear fuselage. I notice that the German one has a Vickers gun fitted. Tut Tut!

I couldn't help but write to the seller asking what it was all about and suggesting that if he got anywhere near the asking prices that I'd got a couple of much tidier ones he might like to sell for me.........no reply so far smile