"Preowned rx's"

DaveyP

Advert

Hi

I still have a 35mhz transmitter and have bought all my receivers second hand off ebay.

Like any second hand purchase you have to take a litttle care.

I only buy from sellers with good feedback and test the item for range every flying session.

So far I have had no trouble

When you are buying take a good look at the general condition of the case and lead . If they look tatty then walk away.

Hope this helps

Even new receivers can have problems.

Robin

I agree that on sites like E Bay, new stuff should be assumed it is fake unless proven otherwise. Buying secondhand is a risk unless you trust the seller. I use a mix of new, secondhand. But I stick secondhand in smaller stuff. I also have never a a hitch with Orange receivers

But I had a new high end unit, and the thing glitches to failsafe every 10 or so flights. It was installed as instructed, the data logger gave good results, passed all rangetests, switches perfect, ample batteries. How do you guard against that?

Game of blood.

27 & 35MHz receivers were particularly prone to damage in a crash, as many people stretched the aerial tight and fastened it to the top of the fin. In a crash the receiver shot forward, giving the aerial hard yank. In some cases the aerial wire broke inside the insulation, and in others, the joint to the circuit board would have been weakened. Crystals were also prone to impact damage.

How many of those people who shouted 'Interference' as their model spiralled in, were actually the guilty party?

Tom - have a look on HKing, I think they have a variety of Orange Rxs to use with different manufacturers' Txs.

I have some 2nd hand Spectrum Rxs [all with satellites], & two 2nd hand Mpx Rxs - all bought via BMFA classifieds. No problem with any of them. Like a lot of folk my experience with Orange Rxs has been mixed [no prob's with any of their satellite set-ups though], my only Lemon Rx has so far been faultless.

So if you're buying 2nd hand I would stick with BMFA Classifieds. [Always been satisfied with used ESCs and Outrunners bought off this site too.]