When it,s not your time To Die!

Giuseppe Saroli

Advert

I actually saw  a wing come off a big aerobatic model at the Barton Point Spectacular a couple of years ago . The pilot had enough height to get the model into a knife edge flight ,did a circuit and landed flipping it onto it wheels at the last second . The u/c was damaged and I believe the remaining wing tip . But got it down .  Fast thumbs and brain .Don't think the film of full size similar scenario on youtube is  real . Just looks wrong 

At 32 seconds the plane is flying level with only one wing and even climbing level. Then the break is far too clean. Not a bit of spar sticking out or damage to the rib. But then, that is only my opinion as an ex airframe fitter

there is another video which debunks it

https://youtu.be/yftj9e1KyTI

Watch right to the end where the comparison stills show the differences

Edited By Peter Miller on 28/11/2017 11:34:42

There was a Short Stirling hit by flack on a night raid and struggling to get home .It was becoming light as they crossed the channel,the crew were shocked to see their aircraft was missing an outer engine and all the span outward from that point. They made it