Drones being used for nefarious deeds.

Paul Marsh

Posted by Don Fry on 14/12/2017 15:04:14:

The magnets in the motors. One piece in a moter and down she comes. And you don't need a Perdey to hit a drone.

I think that idea has about as much chance of success as squirting a garden hose at a passing drone and hoping it will go rusty.....teeth 2teeth 2

Pete

ps - You won't need a licence for a hose either....!

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 14/12/2017 15:35:53

Posted by Don Fry on 14/12/2017 15:04:14:

The magnets in the motors. One piece in a moter and down she comes. And you don't need a Perdey to hit a drone.

No, probably not. Slightly "off topic", but using a firearm to purposefully damage someone else's property is a criminal offence, and very likely to end in at least the person behind the trigger losing their SGC, and quite likely for them to get a stint inside. Not a great idea overall!

Pete - just not when the hose ban is on laugh

Edited By Andy Meade on 14/12/2017 15:39:01

One with a shotgun perhaps. and Pete a riot hose is very OTT, never get it up the gap tween inner and out wall of a prison.

But you are quite right, and I need reeducation. The correct course, as these chaps have an interest in aviation, is to change their goals and ambition, with a a 2 year air transport pilots course, free of charge to them of course.

Your Lord and Master the Under Secretary of State for Justice, is talking through his backside. This is a long standing problem, alongside other longstanding problems. Given the number of employed police officers and prison officers continues to fall, as it has done for quite a few years now, there are problems that will not go away any time soon.

And a special operation is a traditional ruse to get some publicity, without too much effort, or result.

I accept I am a cynic.

Edited By Don Fry on 14/12/2017 17:22:36

I'm going to Tweet Mr Trump and suggest he starts a "stop recycled to death old stale news" campaign, as that is what SO many closed forum etc threads on drone banning/regulation/etc are now.

Of particular note though is the regular likening of UAVs to cars not being banned/regulated to death, so why leisure UAVs? REALLY??

Society clearly feels it requires cars/transport vehicles, but leisure model aircraft are NOT an item that is required for society to operate, no matter how much we love our sport. End of..................................Move on, nothing to be able to influence here. wink