What on earth are these ???

Advert

Thanks chaps , I have red all the links , $200- $350 !!!!!! phew !!!

A mate gave me these yesterday , 2 sets , and said he's got hundreds , they were inhis garage when he moved onto his house years ago and never found a use for them ,!

Now we know what they are ,smiley but still have no use for them crying

cheers

Posted by Ken Lighten on 15/01/2018 13:50:33:

I hadn’t either Peter, till I left and went to a private company where we had our own tools (all changed now as tool control in those days was a bit iffy to say the least) all sorts of things were impressed into use by intrepid fitters

My Dad did his apprenticeship at Shorts in Rochester just after the war, for the most part converting Sunderlands into Sandringhams by removing the gun turrets. He inherited his toolbox from one of the female fitters that they employed through the war. A large number of the 'special tools' in the toolbox were made out of hat pins and hair clips!

Posted by John Stainforth on 15/01/2018 09:53:59:

They,re 10-point dividers, useful for dividing a distance into equal intervals.

I'm certain you're absolutely right, John but I like the fundamental technique of using only a straight edge and a pair of compasses I learned in geometry (my most favourite subject) at school over 60 years ago

Geoff