New EDF Mini Jets- Sabre & MiG15 RCM&E 2018 Special

Hi Tony I'd love to throw an ME 262 and Gloster Meteor NF 11 for when and if your up to it if possible? Yes I know the above never met in combat but the NF 11 Meteor happens to be my personal favourite mark, and the ME 262 is just lovely also! I'm sure the next TN creation will be gorgeous regardless anyway I hope you get better soon Tony
Best Regards
Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to take the fan and motor out to test it outside of the model- all seems okay. However I’ve made another acetate tube and am unable to get it back around the fan unit inside the model, probably going to have to try and cut the model apart to get my hands on it to do it. Won’t be flying it this week!

Just in case there was ever a question about the power produced from these little 50mm FMS  'gem of a fan', here's a video form Sunday and the new Hunter..The model size is identical to the MiG/Sabre and the cheat holes for this model is a 40mm x 70mm hole in the underside. On board was the FMS 50mm 3s version, a 2200mah 35C 3S cheap lipo and a cheapo 40amp ESC....the AUW at the moment is 20oz......excuse the rubbish hand launch

https://youtu.be/fsw_oj0dvDY

Edited By Tony Nijhuis on 26/02/2019 13:54:45

Ian...so looking back through the postings you say you have the FMS 50mm from Banggood?... and assume it 3S version not the 4S? ........on the assumption you have some cheat holes in the sides you have 600g of thrust at your disposal!!! thats one to one trust to weight ratio which rocket stuff!!!......if you can only get it to power glide without the lid off, then there is something wrong with your Fan/ lipos or ESC setup.....the Hunter is 5oz heavier than the Mig and goes like a rocket (as did the MiG)!

I will do a video of MiG at some point if only to silence the critics!