New- 2018 CONCORDE for 4x50mm EDF

Thank you Josip and Greeting!.....hopefully it will be a success and based on my previous up-scaling antics, they do perform better the large they get....

I dont remember there ever being a Skyway's Concorde but I remember a Robbie foam version and of course the COX peewee pusher plan from the 1970's

• 2 months later...

Very nice Tony and particularly that landing on grass that for full size would have been a corn field!

A bit cheeky but my only criticism is for that for true scale the wing from the front should look like this.

Concorde front

My favourite Concorde picture.

All done before the days of computer simulation it does rather show where all those £millions went on wind tunnel testing. wink 2

The grass was quite long so those 11/4" wheel were struggling....a lot to ask really for a 5lb models

The finish covering has added another 5oz so AUW is now 5lb. The power to weigh is now approaching its limit with these fan units...The fan units I used are the 50mm HK 11 balded 4S EDF units. These are not great (and are not available any more). The FMS 50mm 4S unit which are lighter (will save 6oz over the 4 units) and delivers another 6oz of thrust per fan (or another 1.5lbs over the four units), should really liven the model up.... the MK2 Concorde will have these plus a 5S pack!!!!!

I prefer to use just one battery pack to serve all four EDFs as it makes the weight less and save on multiple charging.....Unfortunately the current draw from a 4S pack 14.4v does cause the voltage to drop over the 4 motors so each motor is only getting 3.5S under load......In the past i have gone up another cell count so multiple 4S motors will generally be happy with a single common 5S pack. As there will be a high voltage, the current draw to match the power, can be reduced sightly so a 4500mah 5S lipo will give similar duration as a 5000mah 4S lipo (as long as you don't fly flat out)

Simon, regarding the wing tip drop, there is a conundrum here... the wings will flatten out in flight and at mach 2, they are almost straight.....so for scale flying speed...I think i got it about right

Decided to stripout the old Dr MT units and replace with the FMS 50mm 4S units....The extra thrust from each fan should be around 120g or 4oz.....That 480g or 18oz additional thrust over the 4 units.

The weight of the FMS units are less so the overall weight saving was 5oz so the AUW dropped to 4lb, 11oz

Tried the model at Hastings yesterday and what a transformation!!!!....no problem taking off from quite long grass and the climb out was a good 40deg......Now cruises at around half throttle!...still using the 4s 5000mah pack too....Happy days

img_7206.jpg

img_7208.jpg