Ali Express

trebor

Advert

I have been using ali express for some time now instead of ebay and to some extent banggood. Ebay shipping for items from China take too long and there was usually no option other than free economic shipping - which took around 30 to 40 days in my experience. A quite recent change has some Chinese ebay sellers giving the option for faster shipping at a price but I have not tried it so cannot comment on the quoted up to 30 days delivery times. Banggood does better with their shipping - even their free shipping BUT their prices are higher normally. Ali express offer you a choice of shipping services, their free service normally arrive between 18 - 25 days and their aliexpress standard service (small charge) normally takes 12 - 20 days.

Never had an order go missing and I pay in dollors with my UK credit card. Never had to test their customer service so cannot comment on that either... The secondary security asking for copies of passports or credit cards is not limited to Ali Express and only happens occasionally to new customers.

Has the Chinese new year finished now? If not your order may be delayed.

• 2 years later...

No different to any other Far Eastern middle men. They are only as good as the sellers using them. I have had good and bad experiences through them. No problems with their back up when things go wrong.

If you are looking to buy cheap don't expect the same service as your LMS !

I wonder sometimes if, or how many of these companies are owned by the Chinese government ?