From where might I acquire a Pulse XT60?

MAD Dave

I unfortunately wrote off my electric Hangar 9 Pulse XT60 today; my fault. During its short life, I really enjoyed flying it.

It went vertically into soft soggy clay with the spinner tip stopping some 30cm depth. The motor, ESC, battery, Rx and servos appear to have survived intact, thanks to the nature of the soil perhaps but the airframe, well, I need a replacement, preferably an ‘XT60.

I was not previously aware, but on searching the net this evening, it seems the model has been discontinued and is therefore unavailable from the normal sources.

If anyone knows of any “old stock”, I would be very pleased to hear from them. Equally, a “pre-owned” model would be appreciated. I can collect; my post code area is BH20.

An alternative of course would be to go to a different design. Does anyone have any recommendations for a model of similar size, performance and behavioural characteristics please? The motor I have is an E-flite Power 60 which I operate on 6S; the combination pulls quite well!

Thanks in advance for any assistance given.

Advert

Posted by Martin Jones 7 on 06/04/2018 07:30:01:

Amazon U.K. are showing 2 in stock but with a fairly steep deliver charge

Now showing 1 in stock.

Did Dave press the button? wink 2

[Edit]  Apparently not - just seen his post from this morning!

Edited By John Privett on 06/04/2018 18:26:04

Hi guys, thank you for all your support but I did not make it clear - I DID order one of the two that Amazon were showing as in stock and that is why, as John reports, they only have one remaining. So, perhaps it seems I am not so mad after all!! Cheers Phil! I am told to expect delivery by the 14th April. smiley smiley smiley

Posted by Rich too on 06/04/2018 11:55:46:

Go for it Dave, I had the same issue with a 125 Pulse and never did find one...crying

The 125 was the best sport plane I have ever flown, its even better than the 60. I was lucky and found a little used example some years back and finally put it together over the winter. My old crash damaged 125 has a new life with a 70 4 stroke strapped to each wing. Its probably the best sport twin I have ever flown!

Slightly gobsmacked, the Amazon seller is listed as

• Business Name:FLASH RC
  • Business Type:S. à r. l.
  • Trade Register Number:48927631100037
  • VAT Number:FR16489276311
  • Phone number:0476010523
  • Customer Services Address:
    • 15 rue martin luther king
    • ST MARTIN D HERES
    • FR

.....hence maybe the "generous" postage charge?

• Will it be left a hand drive version? wink

Posted by Jon - Laser Engines on 06/04/2018 19:53:29:

Go for it Dave, I had the same issue with a 125 Pulse and never did find one...crying

The 125 was the best sport plane I have ever flown, its even better than the 60. I was lucky and found a little used example some years back and finally put it together over the winter. My old crash damaged 125 has a new life with a 70 4 stroke strapped to each wing. Its probably the best sport twin I have ever flown!

That’s very interesting Jon, the front of mine is demolished, but the wings are not too bad so that might be a great idea - and I’ve never owned a twinyes

I don’t suppose you took any pics etc of the conversion?

Posted by Rich too on 07/04/2018 06:55:43:

That’s very interesting Jon, the front of mine is demolished, but the wings are not too bad so that might be a great idea - and I’ve never owned a twinyes

Yup, I can send them over and explain how I did it but we can do it over email so we don't drag this too far off topic.

Posted by Jon - Laser Engines on 07/04/2018 08:56:10:
Posted by Rich too on 07/04/2018 06:55:43:

Yup, I can send them over and explain how I did it but we can do it over email so we don't drag this too far off topic. Its a good fun model still, and adding retracts was also kinda fun

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 07/04/2018 12:25:38:
Posted by Jon - Laser Engines on 07/04/2018 08:56:10:

Yup, I can send them over and explain how I did it but we can do it over email so we don't drag this too far off topic.

No, start a new thread please Jon. It's always interesting to see conversions like the one you describe.

yeslaugh Seriously though, if you do get the time, an outline of it would be great, including dimensions etc. I have never built a twin so I wouldn’t know where to start, for instance, how far out should the prop protrude from the LE? Did you invert the motors? It would be a great thread.