World Cup 2018

Devcon1

No worries, BEB.

I started to 'like' John's 'ironic' humor since my first build blog here on the Forum. So, no way a few goals would make any difference to that.

Anyhow, 'jobs a good un'... being it England or the Devils.

Good luck to both of us, John.

But then, may I remember you that I'm leading you in the Fantasy GP ranking... devil ... that of course could be changing after the French GP results...  crying

Cheers

Chris

Edited By McG 6969 on 20/06/2018 20:16:24

Posted by Devcon1 on 20/06/2018 06:54:44:

Tom, with all due respect I'd suggest you move your post and rather unnecessary sweeping comments to the "fed up" thread.

I don't dispute there are some "thugs" that attach themselves to football but a bit of balanced perspective required methinks.

I've been going to football for the best part of 50 years and have only witnessed one incident in that time.

My dad was an Accident & Emergency Doctor all his working life and saved more lives than I'll ever know, he was a football man through and through. I don't recall him setting out on a Saturday with his fellow "louts" to injure members of the public, me neither thinking about it.

I'd love to be able to afford to be in Russia now, despite the doommongers predicting "fan wars" reports suggest a brilliant atmosphere and welcome by friendly, welcoming normal Russian people.

Enough said I hope.

Come on England

Nothing "sweeping" about it Dev, you're dad obviously was a normal following gent.

As for a balanced perspective? There are organised gangs that from whatever country or walk of life that use this "game" to promote and facilitate violence, no, it's not really about teams... more about country's and underlying religious immaturity.

You see my post as an attack on the good genuine fans? Why? Many are peaceful I'm not stupid.

But don't try to offload your ... you're or yooor ( grammar hey?) idealic family values to a post that i feel needed to be said.

Oh on that note, cheers BEB for moving my original post to the thread that those who deny the violence, but just want to brush a feather up a rhinos bits.

Oh, p.s.... did you see the video of a car who's occupants were just trying to drive down a Plymouth road? They had to try to gently push through a gang of drunken yobs! They were blocking the road, one jumped on the bonnet of the car, must have been very intimidating for those inside..... the driver cleared the group and braked to deposit the lout on the road and off of their vehicle, for what? Louts that use football as an excuse to disregard common sense.......

Sweeping enough for you?

Edited By Tom Thomas on 21/06/2018 03:28:57

Absolutely. Beckham got the early shower for his petulant kick but this looked like something else. Is it just me or do there seem to much fewer yellow cards than we expect to see in club games and some fairly strong play to boot?
Anyway its good to see the violence kept on the pitch Tom wink

Levanter