World Cup 2018

Devcon1

Opinions eh? Everyone’s got one! That’s just mine John, personally I think it is good to keel a wining streak going (Spain for instance), and I would have made maybe three or four changes, but eight? But we’ll see, Southgates done a great job so far.laugh

Advert

I just can't watch penalty shoot-outs where I have an interest in the team involved.

Rather than the lottery of penalties, why not allow the managers to select 11 fit players (assuming no red cards) from those who have taken part in the match or unused substitutes and play until a golden goal is scored - with the twist that each time the ball goes dead (foul, throw in, goal kick, corner etc.) the player adjudged responsible leaves the field of play. With diminishing numbers on the pitch, the deciding goal should be scored relatively quickly with the result coming from genuine football.

Yeah, shame for hard working Japan. I felt Belgium were very lucky afte Lukaku wasted several chances. A team of talented players the sum of which is less than the parts. Still, at least Brazil or Belgium will be out on Friday.

Neymar is a blot on an otherwise excellent World Cup.

Come on England !!

Booked my seat in front of the TV for tonight. Ordered a light evening meal of mixed sandwiches, fruit etc. that I can have whilst watching.

My wife is very worried, you see I don't "do football" and I don't watch television. I can see her contemplating the phrase "Who are you and what have you done to my husband?"

I've told her its OK, I'll be fine again soon,...well hopefully not too soon. Actually I blamed you lot! LOL!

BEB

Posted by Mowerman on 03/07/2018 12:22:50:

Never mind the world cup and golden boot, what about Oscars and diving medals?

Some of the players antics are disgusting.

Edited By Mowerman on 03/07/2018 12:24:17

Indeed, although Neymar would get a clean sweep.

Posted by Rich too on 03/07/2018 12:32:50:
Posted by Mowerman on 03/07/2018 12:22:50:

Never mind the world cup and golden boot, what about Oscars and diving medals?

Some of the players antics are disgusting.

Edited By Mowerman on 03/07/2018 12:24:17

Indeed, although Neymar would get a clean sweep.

Yep n Pepe best supporting actor.

Well the Swedes don't look like world beaters, Colombia/England must be licking their lips at prospect of playing them for a place in the semis.

England v Colombia ? be funny if it went to penalties with Gareths history, don't be ordering pizza during the game. kulou

Big performance from Deli/Lingard I hope, assuming Deli plays.

C'mon the lads.