World Cup 2018

Devcon1

Advert

Southgate has done a massive amount for the national side, and long may it continue.

BEB, you misunderstand, it is not negative, merely pointing out the shortcomings. We had the chance to blow away a very ordinary Croatia in the first half and we didn't - and in my opinion that was due to a theme of the England side throughout the WC, lack of goals from open play.

IMHO, sort that out and we have the makings of a cracking team - thats being POSITIVE wink

Congratulations to France and especially to Mr.Trebor, they are better and deserved to win.
In the first half, my Croats were killed by a friendly fire, and they lost their mental strength in the 60 minutes.
Thanks also to you for taking part in interesting discussions on our forum.

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 15/07/2018 18:07:17

@ Josip,

I fully realize things being 'hard' for you now, but maybe what I want to write has nothing to do with the final WC result...

Please see this World Cup as the best worldwide marketing tool for Croatia ever.

I've been to Slovenia and Croatia years ago when I was an early teenager. I know how fantastic the country is, especially at the Adriatic Sea shore.

Just remember it as a magnificent tourism marketing tool. Your tiny country is 'engraved' on the worlwide map now.yes

Cheers

Chris

Posted by Martin Harris on 15/07/2018 17:53:52:

Desperately sorry for Croatia. The better team in my opinion, put on the back foot by two very contentious decisions resulting in goals which forced them to expose themselves to counter attacks.

Very watchable match though and the record books won't give a true picture.

Karma yes

Bad luck Croatia, I thought they deserved the win, was hoping anyway, let's hope England learned from this, that you have to score goals to win, well done Harry for the golden boot, I don't think penalties should count to that award