World Cup 2018

Devcon1

Advert

Of all the teams in the tournament I though our lads got the closest to playing the "beautiful game". A lot of the football was plain ugly in the qualifying stages and some scraped through with some extremely boring defensive play.

Whilst acknowledging that the refs have a tough job I thought there should have been a harder crack-down on some quite violent play and heated remonstrations. OK sometimes quite entertaining but I think overall it was not a good influence. My take anyway.

Great job however and reasons to be proud. A lot of countries will have some concerns meeting the English in the Europeans and the next time around.

By the way I was watching the game in Montenegro surrounded by Croatians. All good natured when me and my missus were lone voices so well done to the fans too.

Levanter

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 12/07/2018 19:39:17:

Thank you dear colleagues for congrats. Today I have read my favorite greeting card from England : ''Congratulations to Croatia, you were better and....... your Madam President is more pretty nice than ours.face 1
Jeremy Clarkson''

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 12/07/2018 19:46:42

LOL! Very good and completely true!

BEB

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 12/07/2018 22:37:56:

You can depend on one thing Josip. England fans will all be supporting Croatia rather than France.

I’m in that camp as well Tom, having been to Croatia loads of times it’s a fantastic country and place to visit. laugh

Im also so very proud of the effort from all of the England team under Southgate’s leadership. Enjoyed all the matches.

Really Ernie I'm surprised at you! You live in France - surely you realise that the UK has had one foreign policy for the last 500 years - to thwart the French!

We have fought alongside just about anybody, as long as they were fighting the French. Even when the French were on our side (WWII for example) our first action was to sink the French fleet!

Be under no illusion, the French nation, as represented by its government, fully reciprocates this position. We have been in a polite war for 500 years.

Support France? I'm more likely to support to support Donald Trump!

BEB (Very tongue in cheek!)

I tend to back the underdogs. And the French (Henry) are known to cheat! However, that match left a bad taste, so its a no brainer, France all day. I also, did not like or understand the Croatians reaction to our country dreaming that "footballs coming home" - they thought that was aimed at them! How arrogant! Get a grip Croatia.

Edited By Rich too on 13/07/2018 14:13:56

I'm sorry but from the beginning of the second half (signs of it towards the end of the first half) Croatia were simply the better team and I wish them well. Quite what went wrong eludes me - was Kane carrying an injury? I'd liked to have seen RLC brought on to bolster the midfield and change the dynamics but I freely acknowledge I'm no expert...just enjoy watching a good game and see my team doing well.