Best Spyware

Rocker

Advert

Dual Boot your computer, And install Linux.

Use winDoze for you`re purchased programs. And Linux for everything else.

Even windoze servers run on Linux as do most of the products in and around you're home,

Phones, TV ,Smart TV , sat nav the list goes on and on.

Hp Z420 25Gb ram, 8Tb Disks 3Gb Quadro K4000 graphics, Dual boots ,Windows 10 / Linux Mint.

Guess which Operating system i prefer to use.

Steve.

Edited By Stephen Jones on 30/11/2018 00:04:30

is it Just me, Or is Windozes just ransomware.

Oh you want to change youre graphic card Ha HA HA....

Not happy with the sound card Ha HA Ha . Oh and i see you have installed a new drive .

Report to HQ or we wont let you use Windozes Ha Ha Ha........

LOL smiley

As you can probably guess i am board it is wet and windy and will be all weekend.  sad

Edited By Stephen Jones on 30/11/2018 20:48:16

Posted by Stephen Jones on 30/11/2018 20:40:22:Install Linux, Then see just how fast that laptop really is. wink

Maybe try it first. Burn, note burn not copy, Linux Mint iso to a DVD. I'd suggest using the Cinnamon desktop here -

https://linuxmint.com/download.php

Make sure the first boot device (BIOS) is the DVD. It should boot up in Linux. Then have a play around see how it feels. One of the icons is install. If you install there is the option to install alongside Windows, providing your disk is of a reasonable size (not all that big).

When you boot up after installing the default (unless you change it) is Linux. If you want Windows, the down key, about 4 presses and gets you to Windows boot. You can use the data on the Windows section or copy or move it across to the Linux section of the disk.

If using the DVD it won't be as fast as it would be using installed Linux on the internal HD.

Another option is to fit another disk and providing it is wired in the SATA plugs as the first one you have the option of Linux first and Windows if you want it.

Our emachines Netbook with Linux is old, never freezes and we use it for travelling. RAM has been doubled and it has an SSD. So it is dropable (within limits) and we have no problems using WiFi anywhere.