Bi-Fli 48 re-furb

jeff2wings

Another one of my long running re-build projects (like 4 years blush) so time too finish it off and fly (or sell it off dont know ?) This was one of my optimistic fea bay purchases along with a magnatilla with a Enya 41 4s ,that on closer inspection in the the workshop turn out to be total bin fodder ! frownOh well,always up for banging my head agents a brick wall a challenge me.

imga0577.jpg

This is far as I got with the fuz,the whole model was covered with nylon and dope that came off without too much trouble apart from the coulor coat remaining in a few places.Made a repair around the tail and made new elevators and rudder with lighter wood and different shape,added a hatch for the tank and Rx batt.

imga0576.jpg

HobbyKing film used

imga0581.jpg

The wings needed a lot of prep work,4 years of sitting in rafters of my workshop means they need some more ! the skin has split in places so need to fix that before covering .

imga0580.jpg

Advert

Few biplanes are good gliders, it just keeps with the type overall.

The 25 was overbuilt, and needed a diet - or very very careful wood choice, better probably than the average kitter could afford to make... the 40 can carry the weight better, it has acres of wing area.

That aside, it was a good 'un, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

stf,when you do maybe you could send it over to outerzone I'm certain a lot of people would be grateful if you did !

So have been plodding on with the wings............

imga0608.jpg

new struts made

imga0618.jpg

imga0630.jpg

getting there ! should have all the covering done this w/end then it's onto install of controls and engine

Well just about done,crikey!,that's two projects finished and it's not yet the end of January yet !

imga0644.jpg

I had a look in my 'might have a use for that' box and found a nice OS silencer and a strap too attach it

imga0647.jpg

found a fuel dot too,just need to make a tank cover

imga0645.jpg

and a pilot and canopy as well yes

imga0648.jpg

Soooo old school ! laugh

imga0649.jpg

just about squeezed the servos in.When the weather improves I will take some outdoor pictures (thus avoiding the need to tidy the workshop )