Latest Lemon DSMP/X 7 check Plus Stabiliser

Edgeflyer

Initial flight tests with this rx in a slope soarer are impressive.

I have the top pin model with no satellite and just a 29mm aerial. I was worried about range, but I flew the model far enough today to be happy.

Does anyone have experience with this rx, particularly in setting it's fail safe mode? Mine is bound to a DX-18 so channel 8 adjusts gain and a 3 position switch selects no stab, gyro, or full self levelling. Seems to work well although self levelling seems to be only for panic mode.

I have set fail safe as per the manual, but am not brave enough to deliberately test it in flight as it takes about 10 seconds to reestablish control.

Advert

• 6 months later...

I have one of these that I am going to fit in a HK/Durafly Tundra to help when it's breezy. I have a flap/ down elevator mix on the Tundra at the moment as it balloons like mad on lowering flap. Do I leave this mix on with the stabiliser or will the stabiliser sort it out? The attitude of the Tundra doesn't really change on flap deployment, it just rises rapidly, so as the stabiliser doesn't have any kind of height hold I guess it won't do anything. Have I just answered my own question?

David P

As adding flap increases lift for the same angle of attack you have to expect the plane to rise.until its speed has decayed to the point that lift matches its weight.

This could only be countered automatically if the 'stability system' also monitored throttle, air speed and flap angle. A full autopilot with auto throttle engaged?.

I assume when you say ballooning you mean that the model raises it's nose.

If you have a mix on the elevator and you are in heading hold/self leveling mode the gyro will see that as an instruction to rotate the plane around that axis and move the control accordingly, so best not to have a Tx mix active in those gyro modes.

I have one in a Hobbyking Slowpoke and have been quite impressed. The first setting helps smooth out flight in gusty wind, you can see it working as the plane gets blown around. It also corrects for tail swing on take off. Never used the second, panic recovery, mode in anger but it does seem to work, you just have to ensure that you have taught the receiver what "level" is. On my first use of the panic mode the model flew with a slight left bank and a slight dive so I had to reset the gyros and now it works fine.

The only thing I might fult is that it takes a long time to bind with the transmitter when you plug the battery in.

Posted by David P Williams on 31/07/2019 10:37:50:

I have one of these that I am going to fit in a HK/Durafly Tundra to help when it's breezy. I have a flap/ down elevator mix on the Tundra at the moment as it balloons like mad on lowering flap. Do I leave this mix on with the stabiliser or will the stabiliser sort it out? The attitude of the Tundra doesn't really change on flap deployment, it just rises rapidly, so as the stabiliser doesn't have any kind of height hold I guess it won't do anything. Have I just answered my own question?

From the quick guide to the Lemon stabilised receiver.

It is mandatory that any elevon (delta wing) or V-tail mixing take place in the stabilizer and NOT in the transmitter. Such mixing is controlled by the settings of switches J4 and J5, as shown in the illustration on page 3. Use of the transmitter for elevon or V-tail mixing is permitted only if stabilization is turned OFF at the receiver (switches J4, J5, J6 OFF). By contrast, other types of mixing, such as flaperons, aileron differential or aileron-to-rudder, are managed as usual in the transmitter. When this is done, switch J6 should be turned on to activate left aileron stabilization on channel 6 (AUX1). The Complete Guide provides a full discussion of this issue.

Edited By Shaun Walsh on 31/07/2019 12:57:24

Thanks all.

It climbs, quite a lot, with flap. I'm not sure whether the nose rises much or whether it just goes up like a lift. I only intend to use the stabilising mode, not the full self levelling, it's just to help out when it's gusty like Shaun's Slowpoke.

I had read the quick guide, and appreciate that it states that flaperons, aileron differential and aileron to rudder act normally. I was just after confirmation that flap to elevator mix would be OK too. J6 doesn't need to be on as the ailerons are on a Y lead on channel 2 and channel 6 (Aux1) is flaps. Channel 5 is currently ESC reverse (it has a reverse for use when on floats, but I don't need that at the moment) so that need to be reconfigured to be norm/stabilise/self level selection. The reverse could go on channel 7 (Aux2) if I need it.