Hitec Flash 8 Battery Life

Hi all Hitec users. Having had to upgrade to Flash 8 after trouble free Flash 7 which had a unfortunate accident I am now troubled with short battery span. I estimate I am getting 45 mins flight times with different models where the 7 lasted a lot longer. I have the correct charger for the 8's battery LiFe 6.6v 1400Mah and shows 6.7v at full charge r ( the 7 was on 2000Mah eneloops ) after some 6 ic flights I am seeing 6.4v and this then drops rapidly over next two flights. I am searching for a new or replacement battery pack but nothing showing up as yet, so come here for any experience, advice

Hi Iqon & Glenn just out of interest which charge system are you using to charge the Life battery.

Multi purpose charger or the Hitec charger

I have reduced the backlite timer down to 20 secs from 30 secs and not using the dc output for anything

contrast down to 30%

Just sent an e mail to service dept in America see what happens

Posted by RC Plane Flyer on 11/07/2019 11:57:27:

Hi Iqon & Glenn just out of interest which charge system are you using to charge the Life battery.

Multi purpose charger or the Hitec charger

Hitec charger that came with TX.

Hi Glenn

Just charged tx battery on multi charger after discharging, showed full charge 7.0. back in tx screen showed 6.9.

Mine usually shows min 6.8 using supplied charger, and holds charge well, just make sure if it needs a top up if required.

As a coincidence I have just bought one of these Tx's and it didn't work when I turned it on. The charger (Hitec supplied) was giving out 9 volts, the battery 0 volts. Charged the battery for the stated 8 hours and with all the playing about I have done with various settings and model setup's still shows 6.7 volts. Was a bit concerned at the lack of volts but seems to be holding up now. Time will tell. Never used Life batts. before.

John

Quick up date or is it a bump? America did not provide an answer and directed me to English agent still waiting for a reply from them. Looking at the option to get a Hitec charger that's another hens teeth problem. Looked at my current charging regieme and the charger auto shuts down after 2 hrs . So after mods to that and a charge for 4 hours I could see over 400 MaH input and the battery on screen showing 6.8 v.

Looks like I may be getting there

Last update for now I am led to believe that the Tx has an inbuilt Life charging PCB installed and that it only needs a 9/12 volt dc supply so its left to chance how many MaH go into the battery. I have had some responce from two suppliers re an alternative power pack supply but no responce from English Agent so I am going to charge my battery on a modern charger so I can see how many MaH have been input . I have seen over my last two charges over 600 MaH in put and a cut of voltage 7.2 v. So pen an paper in the Tx box to jot down flight times and see how we go from there

Happy Flying to all

I have a Hitec Optima 6 Sport which has a low trans voltage warning but only for NiCad and NiMh. To use a LiFe I need to program it to accept this. The instructions say I need some kind of equipment, possibly to go through a computer. I can not find any reference to this anywhere. Does anyone know about this?---Thanks--Bob

• 11 months later...

Just an update on my battery problems. So last November I managed to trace a new battery in England and duly did a charge on my multi charger. The battery only has a Futaba two pin connector and the charger was looking for a balance connection but able to over ride to do a charge and see how many Miamps was in put..Appreciate not much winter flying so changed to a charge battery when showing low on screen. So far so good when flying on Tuesday checked the voltage showing on screen 6.6 V no prob and not much flying time to account for. After two 8 mins IC flights in for a coffee and lets do one more flight, all filled up and away we go within secs into flight TX warning alarm going so get it down quickly. Something wrong somewhere back in the workshop decided to have a look at fitting a 3 pin balance lead, all sorted out on E Bay and new cables arrived today now I am able to see each cell and capacity. So Tuesdays battery that showed fully charge okay on Tuesday evening after getting home was only at 75% each cell so also modified other battery that had been charged some time ago this was only showing 64% each cell.

Both batteries now topped up on low charge showing 95% each cell Tx Screen showing 6.8v never seen that before and lets see how we go from here, setting up a pen and paper system to note down flying times in a day

Apologies if long winded but may make interesting reading for some