Balsacraft Limbo Dancer IC

Andy C

I would expect the Enya 40SS would be a very good engine for this model - my 40SS have proved very powerful even though they are the plain bearing version ( they were used in various .40 size models not a Limbo ) quite lightweight too. I would rate them better than the OS LA 40 which is not in the same league!

I have a OS 32 SX in mine. Its around 20 years old and has been in many fun flys and Weston Park in the Dark/Ragley Hall.

I used a mini servo for the throttle which saves weight and space. This is using a 4 cell pack in the past as it's on Futaba , though do use a 5 cell AAA pack which is enough for several flights. Has a additional 300mah 3s pack for the lights.

limbonightlight (3).jpg

• 7 months later...

SLEC is the current name for Balsacraft. Website is here.

For anyone on a strict budget ( that's most of us now) there is a free plan for a fairly similar model called Joey or Kanga in this thread by Martyn K.   Three years ago Martyn offered a pdf of this or his own version, maybe he still would if asked.

Edited By kc on 10/05/2020 19:24:51

Edited By kc on 10/05/2020 19:41:09

Yes I like and build and have built many aircraft.
In the original ARF Limbo, there is one tube inside the wing.
(this is a good reinforcement for the wing)
Do you know if this is the case in the KIT model.

Had such a Linbo in the 90's and then I used an OS LA engine on it. You can no longer get hold of these LA engines, they were blue in color.

There is a cardboard tube in the current kit version of the Limbo Dancer. Its main function is to act as a conduit for the aileron service leads. I'm sure it won't contribute structurally to the strength of the wing as it already has adequate spar and webbing dimensions.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Check ebay as they have plans there for £7, Im currently running 2 versions of the limbo. One with a 40 in it and the other electric. I run it on a 4s lipo with a A2826-5T motor and 13 x 6.5 prop and lets just say its lively! SLEC do an electric conversion kit if you ask them, it only costs about £10-£15 quid along with some wood to extend the CG out a bit, but works great. If you need pics let me know

Cheers

Paul